Horrible horrible tint job

Guest gronski

Guest filmdit
Chill dude and see what they do next weds. Everybody around here has been great and very helpful. However when you start mentioning court and stuff it tends to sour a few attitudes. Have a good Christmas and see how things turn out :hug

:thumb

Keep in mind the fact that if the original F1 dealer cannot (or is not allowed to) redeem themselves, F1 (corporate) will most likely direct you to one of the other two in ON. :ohcrap

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gronski
Chill dude and see what they do next weds. Everybody around here has been great and very helpful. However when you start mentioning court and stuff it tends to sour a few attitudes. Have a good Christmas and see how things turn out :thumb

Sorry, no offense intended. You're quite right on two points:

1. Everyone here has been VERY helpful (I just hope the dealer is equally helpful).

2. I need to chill

Look for an update on Wednesday. Happy Holidays to all...

Thanks,

Chris

Sorry, no offense intended. You're quite right on two points:

1. Everyone here has been VERY helpful (I just hope the dealer is equally helpful).

2. I need to chill

Look for an update on Wednesday. Happy Holidays to all...

Thanks,

Chris

:thumb

Hope it turns out OK, though you did not sign the where it said "done to Customers satisfaction" the fact you paid and took delivery of the vehicle would imply it was done to your satisfaction.

The fact you were so far away, they mighta figured they would never see you again, so they just did it quick, but not the quality they might give for a local.

Guest gronski

Well I went back today and the manager said he could "clean it up a bit" to make some of the spots appear smaller, but because of the contamination from the rubber seals it would not be possible to get it perfect.

I said that I would need to see a substantial improvement to be happy with the job, but that if he felt it was the best he could do, then he should just remove the tint and give me a refund. He took this second option. What disturbed me was a comment he made I'm paraphrasing a bit but he basically said:

Normally people with a 20 plus year old vehicle would consider a job like this adequate

He also mentioned that he had $100 worth of film and 5 hours into the job. Normally I would have felt bad that he was taking a hit on the work but after the comment about the job being adequate, it really leads me to believe that they weren't trying their best.

They're removing the tint now and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Minus one window that is plastic, which they were concerned about using solvent on. I'll post again to let you know how it goes, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I would love recommendations of shops in Ontario (or even Southern Michigan as I'm an hour from Detroit or Port Huron) as I will be seeking to get the job redone by someone else. I will be careful to ask about seal contamination BEFORE the job starts.

Chris

man, if what you are saying is true, and it seems you have been very honest, these guys are hacks. Whats with the plastic window? They tinted that? Check youre vehicle out good when you go back. As far as his quote, who cares what everyone else would accept, you are not satisfied.

Try a guy named tint wizard on here, I believe he is close to you.

Good luck

Try a guy named tint wizard on here, I believe he is close to you.

Thanks for the recommendation , however If he's an hr away from Detroit , it means he's at least 4+ hrs from me.

I also have to agree about the plastic window ..if they tinted that without discussing it with you first about the fact that they shouldn't be tinting it , then the word "hack" does come to mind :DD

To be honest,your vehicle is a hard one to tint cleanly..it doesn't mean it can't be done..but it's a vehicle that would take a long day(more than 5 hrs for 1 person), much patients and lots of $$$ IMO for the desired results.

Archived