Reasons to Keep it Legal

TintDude

I used to do the 5% on all the hoopties and buckets around my way, but now that sh!t is played out. Both my cars got 50/35 on them and they look classy. Lighter is classier if you ask me. Keep it legal so we can keep makin this chedda! :krazy

We are tying a proposed Illinois tint law with heavy fines for dealers who disregard that law. This type thing is more than likely coming to a state near you due to the massive abuse in the past everywhere.. A pretty good reason to stay legal no?

We are tying a proposed Illinois tint law with heavy fines for dealers who disregard that law. This type thing is more than likely coming to a state near you due to the massive abuse in the past everywhere.. A pretty good reason to stay legal no?
Very good reason indeed. :gasp All I can say is good luck some convincing others. :gasp

Guest Darknesswithin

insurance company may choose not to cover you in an accident is what I tell them ,,,, mainly because it has happened here in Fl... I'll see if I can dig up some info on that here shortly,,

I refuse to do anything thats just plain silly, limo on roll ups , stuff like that. if there not P.I. or Law enforcement forget it!

I lose alot but gain a strong relationship with my customer by expressing my concern for the safety of others on the hwy

The #1 best reason to keep it legal, from an installers point of view, is that darker film allows You to see even the tiniest pieces of airborne dust. Think about it. Dark film does not allow You to see past the inner surface of the glass, so any tiny airborne dust particles are readily visible. A light film allows You to see into the car, thus Your eye is not looking "at" the tint, it's looking "through" it. :embar

Guest c5golfguy

Aren't there some manufacturers that require the legal tint % to be installed on the car in order to pay out warranty claims??

Aren't there some manufacturers that require the legal tint % to be installed on the car in order to pay out warranty claims??

None of the manny`s will pay out a warranty claim on illegally installed film.

In Texas, like TTC said, you cant get your annual vehicle inspection with illegal film applied.........on 1988-present vehicles. So if an 87 Mustang needed an inspection and had 5% on the car, they could get an inspection, but still be against the Texas state law. Inspection requirement/limit 20% on the two fronts, Texas State law 25%. :beer

Inspection requirement: no front license plate...PASS. Texas Law, no front license plate...TICKET! WTF?????

We are some silly Texans arent we? Yee-haw!!