Reasons to Keep it Legal

TintDude

Guest kingoftheding
not to dark :lol2

I totally agree! Although some states laws seem to error on the side of stupidity. It's still our responsibility to operate within the law. King of the Ding Auto Dent Repair & Window Tinting is located in Austin, TX. where the tint laws are very relaxed, 25 fronts any backs. We still get customers asking us to go darker and offering to pay more. It's just not worth it and its irresponsible not to mention the liability issues after you have broken the law. I must say, Its nice to live in a state that understands that we need to make a living.

Guest kingoftheding
looks as though you don't know your own law kingding....my understanding is that it's 25 on all side windows and any on the rear window only.

Just recently relaxed Sir check out TX tint laws. Your looking at old info. Thanks Though

Guest tintjackal
okee dokee then :nc and don't call me sir. :thumb

The law is very confusing blade depending on who you talk to. Some say the new law is allowing darker on the back doors now and when reading it thats the way it seems to read. My buddies in the business full time still think its up in the air and can be changed back at any time. I put 35% still on the 4 doors of the cruze this morning.

ze3u7anu.jpg

I moved up to WA from CA.

And started contracting Tint business last month.

I got warning from sheriff office today. They sent 3 undercover agents to my work and I tinted with 20% film . Legal limit in WA is 24%. I had no idea they were cop. Almost went to jail today!!

Undercover operations is rear and there is reason why You should keep it legal!!

Guest occupant

What I'd like to know is why do states keep putting up laws regulating VLT% when tint is sold in specific shades. You can buy 5%, 20%, 35%, and 50% tint. I'm sure there are others. But why have a law for 24% when the average citizen will think, well, why not use 20%? Texas is no better, we've got that 25% net law on the books for front door windows (and back glass when there are not two side mirrors present). If you apply 35% tint to a window that is factory tinted to 70%, you get 24.5% and bam, you're illegal, with the only other option 50% which nets you 35%. Ewww?

I like the old law when it was the film that was checked and not the net VLT. Then again I had my Dodge Dynasty tinted in TX, 35% front, 20% rear, 5% back glass, and when I moved back to Ohio I got popped for the tint on the rear doors being too dark. I paid the ticket and didn't change the tint, just never drove through THAT suburb (New Rome) again.