Iris Window Films

Guest General Sun Shield

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest IRISFILM
Maggie,

One question regarding the above statement by you and what you are trying to do on this site. Could you please explain your rational for selling film to larger US manufacturers and then at the same time trying to sell film to the customers of those same US companies.

I am simply trying to understand the business logic behind your way of selling your products. You have be exceptionally open about your company and that is very much appreciated. :thumb

The films made for the US manufacturers are OEM projects, and this means the films are made according to their specification and requirements: The thickness of the base film, how many plies, the color, how much metal is to be coated...and etc. All products made for these OEM projects are only to be made for that specific customer, I can't sell to anyone else. Furthermore, some of these OEM came to us from other countries like Australia, Europe, not all are from the US, although they are US brands. The products we are selling by ourselves in the same region is our very own products that are designed by us, our own spec and production methods, at lower prices. Our purpose is not to compete, but to offer different choices in the market.

Also, sometimes we don't do "everything" for OEM projects, sometimes we only do the scratch resistance coating, or only the color coating. In these cases, the films are being sold in the near by countries like China, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, and so on. Most of the US brands are being sold in these places too, and that of course also includes Taiwan.

I have also mentioned ODM projects. This is making our own films in other brands. In these cases, there is an exclusive contract signed. The buyer promises a certain amount of order every month, and we promise not to sell to anyone else in that area (sometimes within a city, sometimes state, or even country for some countries). This is actually much easier for us, for we only have to deal with one customer in a certain region.

Lastly, I have been reading through out the forum, and I have just realized that some of our customers that are known as an US manufacturer, are actually not a manufacturer, but their name is pretty well-known. ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly......I'm sorry guys, it's not MMM ... but nice guess. There are many customers and just a few prints logos on the film, or on the liner (Yes, on the film).

For my understandings, MMM do not have a production line for window films, they usually go into other manufacturer's production line and rents the whole production line for a week to a month or so. During the production, no one other than their own staff is allowed inside, and when they leave, they would take everything including all small pieces of trash with them, as they do have special formula for adhesives and color, that cannot be analysed by others. Our production line is not opened to anyone else, so we can't accept these kinds of requests.

My purpose of stating these information is not to brag, but many believe products from Asia are all cheap in quality and prices, but that is not necessarily all true. I know some companies in Taiwan really makes bad quality films and do not be responsible for them, I don't want to mention who, it's like talking behind other's back instead of having a fair competition, but these are the people that ruins the reputation of everyone from Taiwan.

:eyebrows

Guest strictlytinting

hey maggie nice ,I want to apologize for calling the film garbage, but I cant seem to find another word for it,but I guess I got what I paid for.

hopefully like you said you guys are improving on the film and I wish you the best. maggie your costumer service was grade A,but didnt match up with film,and if any fellow tinter posts any question about film that ive used or tried I will be honest in my opinion.

Guest IRISFILM
hey maggie nice ,I want to apologize for calling the film garbage, but I cant seem to find another word for it,but I guess I got what I paid for.

hopefully like you said you guys are improving on the film and I wish you the best. maggie your costumer service was grade A,but didnt match up with film,and if any fellow tinter posts any question about film that ive used or tried I will be honest in my opinion.

Thank you Ronnie for your kind reply. We have a wide selection of films in our production line, all of the materials used as well as production method were all very different, in order to fulfill our customer's needs. Unfortunately the film type you chose was the most basic line, 1ply glue coating with SRC, which is popular only in Latin and South America. I didn't know that you were not aware what kind of film you are buying, I believe if you have tried our other lines, you will feel much differently.

If it is alright with you, I would like to send you some sample rolls that we are now selling into Europe and also in the US, and so you can do some installation tests with them. If you do like them, perhaps you can give us another chance, and I will give you a couple of rolls free of charge, to compensate the time and money that you have wasted. After all, if our customers chooses the wrong type of film, it means that I did not do my job right. :poke

Please also advise how many rolls you have left and please keep them in a safe place, I am still paying attention to new inquiries or orders about this item, if we do have new order for this item, I will inform you and we can ship from your end. :beer

Maggie,

One question regarding the above statement by you and what you are trying to do on this site. Could you please explain your rational for selling film to larger US manufacturers and then at the same time trying to sell film to the customers of those same US companies.

I am simply trying to understand the business logic behind your way of selling your products. You have be exceptionally open about your company and that is very much appreciated. :poke

:beer:beer - must be one way. Hard to sit with one ass on two chairs :poke

Guest shaggy0915

Hello Everyone! I was at the Las Vegas show where the guy did the demo with the Iris Film. For Maggie....What film was used on the demo? I got there when the demo was finished but I did take a long look at the film. The clarity was perfect and the film look good on the inside and outside.

Archived