Aegis window film

Guest Sunlimited

Guest haroldshouseoftint
OK, I think this is the thread in question, so customtinting, it's OK for you to bash Madico for dong it, but not OK for anyone else to mention another film DISTRIBUTOR/INSTALLATION CO. doing the same thing?

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...28&hl=aegis

Funny, but I read everything I posted there and I did not bash any company, only stated the fact that all do it. Read THIS thread and I have posted time and again that ALL do it, not bashing at all. In the other post, I stated clearly that since all do it, contact them and get a peice of the pie. ( or we can cry here all day long about lost business.) Keys posts ONLY bash Aegis and Mr Edwards, even though it has been brought to his attention many times that other companies, including many he does business with(SunGard, Madico, Llumar) would seem to have a worse program. (Llumar just hired 3 reps in the northeast, one or two to specifically to go after the end user) I know for a fact that Key was a SunGard user up until the debacle. Did he ever post against them for this??.. NOPE If you consider letting people here know that other companies do this also is bashing, this may be time to get out the dictionary... :thumb

AS I reread the old thread, I still can see the same issue with everyone of Keys posts. They still read the same as he posted here, blatant attacks using Mr Edwards name. If he wants to say that Aegis stole work from him, then he has to be a user of the film!!! I use their film, and they feed all work they find in my area to me. The same as someother manufacturers do. It is not !llegal. The evidence you spoke of was from Aegis Applied Films,a seperate company from Aegis Window Films. Our Madico Distributor in this territory has their own onstallation company and does the same thing. As does many others.

I called Key on his post because Sunlimited, who I have met, asked about the FILM and Key went right off on the tangent to attack Barry and the company. If we follow the same logic, anyone could hijack any thread in the future and post whatever they want to trash whatever the thread was started out as. Key makes no bones about calling Barry a liar, which IS libelous. I only know that if TD asked him to take his vendetta elsewhere, then I cannot be the only one who could see the man behind the curtain, oh great and powerful OZ !! :cool

It is time to let this issue die, since the KEY perpetraitor has left temporarily and let TintDude move on. :evilgrin

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified

in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.

is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:

Aegis Applied Films

3135 Medlock Bridge Rd.

Norcross, Georgia 30071

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: AEGISFILMS.COM

Created on: 18-Sep-01

Expires on: 18-Sep-09

Last Updated on: 01-Oct-07

Administrative Contact:

Edwards, Barry bedwards@aegisfilms.com

Aegis Applied Films, Inc.

3135 Medlock Bridge Rd.

Norcross, Georgia 30071

United States

:cool this was in that thread, so there are 2 Barry Edwards? or 2 diferent Aegis films?

I also understand that they ALL do it, and I could give a rats azz one way or the other, but here's some of your quote from that thread, that's not bashing :?:lol2:cool:cool:lol2

Our fine Madcow has been doing this for years. I have gone in to quote large jobs in my area (one was at Westover Airforce Base, MA) and found I was quoting against Madcow directly. I was selling their film at the time and found out from inside sources at the company that they were quoting. Beats your a$$ down a bit to find out that they would quote $3 - 3.50 a square for the job (while the local average is over $5). Suffice it to say, they stole this job and others from us local companies, then would turn the work over to an installation co. near their factory to install. Thus taking not only the bid, but the work out of our territory. When asked about it, I was told that this was so they could guarantee the job was Madcow film. But what about turning the work over to the local guy??? Guess this wasn't their concern!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
The evidence you spoke of was from Aegis Applied Films,a seperate company from Aegis Window Films. Our Madico Distributor in this territory has their own installation company and does the same thing. As does many others.

That's right. And from what I could find, Barry is an officer in both corporations. I don't like that setup nor do I like your Maddy Dist's setup either. (Sorry Harold :evilgrin )

Guest haroldshouseoftint
The evidence you spoke of was from Aegis Applied Films,a seperate company from Aegis Window Films. Our Madico Distributor in this territory has their own installation company and does the same thing. As does many others.

That's right. And from what I could find, Barry is an officer in both corporations. I don't like that setup nor do I like your Maddy Dist's setup either. (Sorry Harold :cool )

:cool:cool Not MY Madico dist., mine is the BEST, now those who have dist. set up in their areas, Ya it's BULLCHITT, but :evilgrin not the one in my town :thumb:lol2

OK, I think this is the thread in question, so customtinting, it's OK for you to bash Madico for dong it, but not OK for anyone else to mention another film DISTRIBUTOR/INSTALLATION CO. doing the same thing?

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...28&hl=aegis

Funny, but I read everything I posted there and I did not bash any company, only stated the fact that all do it. Read THIS thread and I have posted time and again that ALL do it, not bashing at all. In the other post, I stated clearly that since all do it, contact them and get a peice of the pie. ( or we can cry here all day long about lost business.) Keys posts ONLY bash Aegis and Mr Edwards, even though it has been brought to his attention many times that other companies, including many he does business with(SunGard, Madico, Llumar) would seem to have a worse program. (Llumar just hired 3 reps in the northeast, one or two to specifically to go after the end user) I know for a fact that Key was a SunGard user up until the debacle. Did he ever post against them for this??.. NOPE If you consider letting people here know that other companies do this also is bashing, this may be time to get out the dictionary... :cool

AS I reread the old thread, I still can see the same issue with everyone of Keys posts. They still read the same as he posted here, blatant attacks using Mr Edwards name. If he wants to say that Aegis stole work from him, then he has to be a user of the film!!! I use their film, and they feed all work they find in my area to me. The same as someother manufacturers do. It is not !llegal. The evidence you spoke of was from Aegis Applied Films,a seperate company from Aegis Window Films. Our Madico Distributor in this territory has their own onstallation company and does the same thing. As does many others.

I called Key on his post because Sunlimited, who I have met, asked about the FILM and Key went right off on the tangent to attack Barry and the company. If we follow the same logic, anyone could hijack any thread in the future and post whatever they want to trash whatever the thread was started out as. Key makes no bones about calling Barry a liar, which IS libelous. I only know that if TD asked him to take his vendetta elsewhere, then I cannot be the only one who could see the man behind the curtain, oh great and powerful OZ !! :lol2

It is time to let this issue die, since the KEY perpetraitor has left temporarily and let TintDude move on. :evilgrin

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified

in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.

is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:

Aegis Applied Films

3135 Medlock Bridge Rd.

Norcross, Georgia 30071

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: AEGISFILMS.COM

Created on: 18-Sep-01

Expires on: 18-Sep-09

Last Updated on: 01-Oct-07

Administrative Contact:

Edwards, Barry bedwards@aegisfilms.com

Aegis Applied Films, Inc.

3135 Medlock Bridge Rd.

Norcross, Georgia 30071

United States

:cool this was in that thread, so there are 2 Barry Edwards? or 2 diferent Aegis films?

I also understand that they ALL do it, and I could give a rats azz one way or the other, but here's some of your quote from that thread, that's not bashing :cool:cool:lol2:?:thumb

Our fine Madcow has been doing this for years. I have gone in to quote large jobs in my area (one was at Westover Airforce Base, MA) and found I was quoting against Madcow directly. I was selling their film at the time and found out from inside sources at the company that they were quoting. Beats your a$$ down a bit to find out that they would quote $3 - 3.50 a square for the job (while the local average is over $5). Suffice it to say, they stole this job and others from us local companies, then would turn the work over to an installation co. near their factory to install. Thus taking not only the bid, but the work out of our territory. When asked about it, I was told that this was so they could guarantee the job was Madcow film. But what about turning the work over to the local guy??? Guess this wasn't their concern!!!

Well, I guess if you consider that bashing, you would be wrong since this quote was taken out of context of the thread it was from. I stated that Madico had been stealing work. This is all well and good, but since I was their local installer, they should have turned the installation over to us once it was won, which they did not. Only stating fact. Aegis DOES turn over work if you are a local installer. A great difference in my opinion.

But, as I will state again and again, I do not continue at every opportunity to spew the same rhetoric over and over, as the member you are trying to defend has.

In my post, I recommended to Key that he call Aegis directly if he had a problem and discuss it, which he posted he would not. On the other hand, the issues I have had with my manufacturers, I HAVE called them to discuss this and have found it beneficial and have received work from it. I do not continue with a blatant attacks HERE, where it is easy to hide behind a keyboard. So, before those few of you who wish to try to glaze over the initial issue by going at me, understand, I have made my effort to contact those who I feel were in need of a call. Something your dear friend, Key, refuses to do time and time again.

When he finally makes the effort to contact the one company he loves to attack at every turn, he may be able to work beyond this constant go round. As he, himself, stated, HE LIKED THE FILM ! So, call the company and work out the other issues, or drop it completely. :?

That's right. And from what I could find, Barry is an officer in both corporations. I don't like that setup nor do I like your Maddy Dist's setup either. (Sorry Harold :cool )

:cool:lol2 Not MY Madico dist., mine is the BEST, now those who have dist. set up in their areas, Ya it's BULLCHITT, but :? not the one in my town :evilgrin:thumb

Madico South West out of Cali.?? Ya might be suprised......... :cool:lol2:?:cool:?

same with Aegis LOL

bottom line, the mood is installers are viewed as middle-men and people are trying to figure out how to get that margin.

So, we need to be pro-active and get out there and get it for ourselves. Stop bitchin about what ya can't control and take the reins of wha ya can......Business here is through the roof, mostly from the marketing campaign I have been running...........and I have my sales technique down well.....landing 90% of the quotes...............

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:lol2:? Not MY Madico dist., mine is the BEST, now those who have dist. set up in their areas, Ya it's BULLCHITT, but :? not the one in my town :evilgrin:thumb

Madico South West out of Cali.?? Ya might be suprised......... :cool:lol2:?:cool:?

:cool Nope :lol2

Archived