Aegis window film

Guest Sunlimited

All I see is people wearing blinders.

KY's posts has nothing to do about the film brand, it has to do with manufacturers unfairly competing against their customers.

If the manufacturers bid lower than what it costs us to buy the film is wrong plain and simple.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
All I see is people wearing blinders.

KY's posts has nothing to do about the film brand, it has to do with manufacturers unfairly competing against their customers.

If the manufacturers bid lower than what it costs us to buy the film is wrong plain and simple.

:) that is what I feel KW was doing....I I tend to agree with him. :):beer

Tingod and Tinman, you can agree with KW(KY?). However, that was not the subject of the post when he hijacked it for his own purpose. Sunlimited is right here in my own backyard and he only was interested in getting information on the film.(not the company or president) I understand everyones emotional view on issues, but it's not right to hijack a thread for ones personal agenda. He has done this in other threads before, so it is not a onetime incident. Once any of us begins to sound like a broken record and posts the same hatred for a company in multiiple posts, it no longer just ones view or opinion, it becomes slander, since much of what he stated was not true. Yes, Aegis manufactures film and yes they have a sister company that does installations. I personnaly think that this is a great way for a startup company to get their film out there. Mr Edwards never lied about this, althought KW purported this idea that he had.

I, for one, thjought it was a smart thing to not continue a battle of the keyboards for Mr Edwards. I can post negative statements all day long about a company or person here and all it will do is put a bad name on that entity. Trying to fight back only perpetuates the issue,and most of you out there will still only remember the negative lies that were typed in the end. I commend Mr Eadwards for not replying here. If you have an issue with his company, have the testicular fortitude to contact him directly and say it. ( but most are too afraid to do such).

Remember also, that Rick is our host here and anything we post that could be slander could get him in hot water too. KW seemed to not care about this when he posted. You can back your 'friend' as you wish, but, if he was so right in his view, why did he not stick around when called on the carpet by myself and Rick.

Keep up the good work Rick(TD) you do have the smarts to know when to sat\y when and on this thread, you were right on tome to pull the trigger.

Also, did anyone contact Sunlimited when his thread wsa pulled?? It was tto bad for him he didnt get to see his thread through.

Guest vclimber

Interesting...

No one would argue that CP, Madico, 3M, BSF, V-Kool, Global in So Cal area (that I know of) all sell direct to consumer in one way or another, direct to auto dealer, or run retail operations side by side with Distribution. It has been talked about on this site as long as I have been posting here and probably much longer. Have any of them had a representative post here and deny it? I for one have not seen that but I have not read every thread on the site either. If we choose to do business with these companies or any others after knowing their business models then that is our individual business decision that we are free to make and we are left to reap whatever consequences there may be as a result. I would at least like to know about the companies that are playing both sides of the fence. If KW or anyone else wants to bring their own experience or evidence to the table I will weigh it and make my own decision. To make a blanket statement and say that all MFG's and Dist's do it is wrong though. I believe there are still some out there that have yet to compete against their customers. If anyone knows of such companies, I for one would like to here about so that I can have the opportunity to choose whether or not I want to do business with them. :)

It is not Libel to post evidence such as was posted regarding Aegis in that thread that no longer exists. That was public record, what is libelous about posting things of public record? Barry had every opportunity to address it and he chose not too. I remember reading the thread and seeing the evidence linking the companies together, Barry said nothing back then but now he admits to what? :)

Guest SoCar

Wouldn't the quality of the film and the way the company does business be married together? Would you buy terrible product, that fails, if you like the company's operating procedures? Would you buy a great product even if the company fished your same installation pond?

I'm not saying who's right or wrong. I dont see how questioning a films quality isnt also a question about the overall company. Yes there are obviously anti-Advantage people but they're hardly worse then the pro-Advantage dealers within the threads. :evilgrin

OK, I think this is the thread in question, so customtinting, it's OK for you to bash Madico for dong it, but not OK for anyone else to mention another film DISTRIBUTOR/INSTALLATION CO. doing the same thing?

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...28&hl=aegis

Funny, but I read everything I posted there and I did not bash any company, only stated the fact that all do it. Read THIS thread and I have posted time and again that ALL do it, not bashing at all. In the other post, I stated clearly that since all do it, contact them and get a peice of the pie. ( or we can cry here all day long about lost business.) Keys posts ONLY bash Aegis and Mr Edwards, even though it has been brought to his attention many times that other companies, including many he does business with(SunGard, Madico, Llumar) would seem to have a worse program. (Llumar just hired 3 reps in the northeast, one or two to specifically to go after the end user) I know for a fact that Key was a SunGard user up until the debacle. Did he ever post against them for this??.. NOPE If you consider letting people here know that other companies do this also is bashing, this may be time to get out the dictionary... :cool

AS I reread the old thread, I still can see the same issue with everyone of Keys posts. They still read the same as he posted here, blatant attacks using Mr Edwards name. If he wants to say that Aegis stole work from him, then he has to be a user of the film!!! I use their film, and they feed all work they find in my area to me. The same as someother manufacturers do. It is not !llegal. The evidence you spoke of was from Aegis Applied Films,a seperate company from Aegis Window Films. Our Madico Distributor in this territory has their own onstallation company and does the same thing. As does many others.

I called Key on his post because Sunlimited, who I have met, asked about the FILM and Key went right off on the tangent to attack Barry and the company. If we follow the same logic, anyone could hijack any thread in the future and post whatever they want to trash whatever the thread was started out as. Key makes no bones about calling Barry a liar, which IS libelous. I only know that if TD asked him to take his vendetta elsewhere, then I cannot be the only one who could see the man behind the curtain, oh great and powerful OZ !! :thumb

It is time to let this issue die, since the KEY perpetraitor has left temporarily and let TintDude move on. :evilgrin

Guest vclimber

Regardless of whether or not KW has a vendetta out for Barry is up for speculation. I am interested in what Aegis does. Here is what I dug up and my conclusion is that Barry is has been involved in both sides of the business at the same time just like other MFG's and Dist's. Whether or not he is still doing this I cannot confirm.

Barry is listed as an officer in this Corp in VA that is definitely a retail dealer.

Aegis Applied Window Films VA

MFG Address listed on Aegis Website:

Aegis Films Inc.

3135 Medlock Bridge Road

Norcross, GA 30071

P: 770.417.1281

F: 800.438.8468

Blue Book Profile as of 11/6/07

Aegis Applied Films

3135 Medlock Bridge Road

Norcross GA 30071

Tel#:770-300-33 800-438-48

Fax#:678-333-81

Geographical Areas Serviced:

* Nationwide

Year Established: 1992

Recent Projects Completed:

* Hartfield/Jackson International Airport - Blast Mitigation Film

Atlanta, Georgia Dollar Value: N/A Completion: N/A

* Georgia Aquarium - Decorative Film on Curtain Wall

Atlanta, Georgia Dollar Value: N/A Completion: N/A

Manufacturers Certifications:

Madico Window Films, V-Kool Window Films

Name Brands/Products Installed/Supplied:

Madico Safety Shield, V-Kool, Aegis Acuity

Window Films

Here is a cached page from 2/9/2008

About Segis Window Film cached

Exerpt from Blue Book Listing 3/15/07

Recent Projects Completed:

* Turner Construction - Solar Film

Washington, D.C. Dollar Value: $241,000 Completion: N/A

* Department of Agriculture - Security Film

Washington, D.C. Dollar Value: $275,000 Completion: N/A

If you think you are safe out west think again:

Beale AFB

$63k is NOT that big a job...

Another one for 72K

Search Listing:

Glass Coating & Tinting in Marietta, GA - AOL Local Yellow Pages

Aegis Films. 770-300-9393 • 3135 Medlock Bridge Rd, Norcross,GA 30071 .... For Residential & Commercial Window Film/ Tinting Call Us. ...

yellowpages.aol.com/auto-glass-services/glass-coating-and-tinting/ga/marietta/ - 90k - Cached - Similar pages

Archived