Aegis window film

Guest Sunlimited

Guest vclimber
I have the feeling we are in the calm before the storm :thumb

It doesn't need to be. If it is fact then the dealers have the right to know. It is impractical for all of us to call Barry individually and hash this out over the phone. Perhaps this is a better place to talk about it. However, Barry cannot see this thread now so he does not have the opportunity to comment. Right out in the public is not a good place either... so what do you do? :tantrum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SoCar

Aegis_Films_logo.gif

What_you_Need_When_You_Need.gif

1800GetTint.gif

sb_Top.gif

ABOUT

EXPORTS

MANUFACTURING

<A name=6-contacts>CONTACT

Aegis Films is a manufacturer, distributor, installer and exporter of high quality window films for the automotive and architectural sectors. Our sales office is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Our financial office is located in Ashland, Virginia and our manufacturing facility is located in North Carolina. Aegis Films has grown tremendously since its inception in 1992 and is proudly 100% American.

btn_BackToTop.gif

Their company website states that they manufacture, distribute, install and export. :thumb So I guess everyone is right. :tantrum

Guest willie
:thumb:tantrum

Good healthy thread here. I personally am not looking for a heated drama queen knock down drag out. Just thought someone should speak up for KW that knew exactly what he was refering to :tantrum

I'm not sure what threads you can't find, I've only moved this one.

The way some threads go south here, and I wind up getting the blame from both sides, I decided to move this thread, I wasn't trying to give anyone "the short end of the stick".

:)

Guest vclimber
I'm not sure what threads you can't find, I've only moved this one.

The way some threads go south here, and I wind up getting the blame from both sides, I decided to move this thread, I wasn't trying to give anyone "the short end of the stick".

:)

Two different points of view about a situation that affects people's livelihoods. Most of us do not run a web site and understand how these conversations affect you TD, conversely, you do not run a flat glass company in today's business environment and completely understand how company practices like as in Aegis' case or others like Aegis affect the rest of us. I can see how it is very sensitive either way but as long as there is a place for industry pros to talk, and as long as companies do business on both sides of the fence, these subjects are bound to come up around here. :)

It is funny to see all of your responses. KW has a hidden agenda or he would not continue the same retoric everytime some one asks about the film from Aegis. From what I have heard, he lost quotes to Comfort Vision at one time and has held a grudge since. He was never an Aegis user, so crying that they were quoting against him is lame. It is fine that you like him, but you should take a step back and re-read his posts without prejudgement. As I read his posts, all I saw was an agenda. DID ANY OF YOU SEE HIM POST THAT HE HAD TRIED THE FILM AND LIKED IT???? The answer to that was not until he was called on his comments and made his final post. And at that point he stated he liked the film, but still made a negative comment about film longevity. If this doesn't show a focused negativity towards the company, I am not sure what does.

I also find it funny that some of you are skirting aound the issue that some sort of collusion is going on here. The old "I can' find the thread that refers to this or that" as if to say it was deleted. As I have seen, tintdude has all old threads out here. The post you are referring to showed a webpage on a Government quote with the Aegis installation name on it. Did anyone look to see the Madico, LLumar, or MMM pages. They all quote those jobs. I have been beat out by Madico, Llumar and MMM direct before and expect to again. They all do this. The only thing I have found, is that only Aegis will back away from a quote if a local installer of theirs is involved. Thats more than I can say for The others, since I was a Madico dealer for years and they stole jobs from me all the time and fed them to their distributor(who also has an installation company). LLumar just hired reps to directly go after installation work. I use Llumar when the need arises, do they stop this practice?? NO Rick is not in this position and definately didn't delete or hide a thread. Look harder.

Those of you who back KW because he is your 'friend' can do so if you wish. I, for one, read his posts and understand that even sampling the film and stating he liked it will not change his OPINION of Mr. Edwards or his company. But, as Rick, aka Tintdude, stated, KW threatens his personal livelyhood and the livelyhood of Tintdude by continuing to make libelous statements here in public forum. As I stated before, everyone has a right to their opinion and the stating of it here. BUT, when it is the same exact negative post toward the company, even though he stated he like the film, it becomes an agenda, since this statment has been made in different threads where the topic was not what was stated. This includes this thread. If he had stated that he liked the film BUT would not do business with them because of his opinion of their practices, that would have been different. KW only made his same statement he has made for a long time. Complaining about Aegis Applied Films(the installation company, run seperate from the manufacture).

I would ask all of you to read this post, mull it over, then come back and read it again. Hopefully, many of you will be able to understand both sides of this argument and see not only my view, but also Ricks(TD's) view. I commend him on his work here and do not envy the job of having to be an impartial viewer of these types of posts. If you re-read TD's posts, you will understand his view of this post as host.

Than k You

Custom,

Great post. I am too new and do not know enough about different companies and their business practices. To me it sounds like they all engage in this type of activity to be mad at one and not the other seems odd and agendalike. However, everyone has their reasons for being and I happen to like the customer service I have received from Aegis. They have treated me well and I plan on keeping them in my inventory. I am a very small company and they have treated me like gold. More than I can say for the global rep who lives in this city. He is nice and all but doesn't even compare in service. They both have my business but what I have seen so far I know which one I will grow more with as I grow as a tinter and a company.

I respect all of the opinions I have seen thus far as most of you are much more in tune with the industry side of it than I am. I am learning though. As slow as it may be.

Archived