competing against a distributor/tint shop

Guest teamfutaba

Guest vclimber
Hey vclimber, long time. Sorry for the delay in answering this question, I have been on the road non stop for the past few months.

Global & Solar Control Films will not compete with dealers, period. This would be a conflict of interest with our customer base. I very much enjoy working on large projects, creating energy analysis audits, talking to building managers and explaining how window film will save energy. I do this with my dealers to help them win projects. Our customers contact us when they need an energy audit & I am happy to do them. 2008 was a good year where our customers won a number of large architectural projects. I look forward in helping them win even more projects.

When a prospect calls that need their home, building or car tinted, we take down as much information as possible, then give the prospect the name of our best customer in the area, or to a prospect. We then follow up with our customer and give them the contact information.

Phillip

:twocents Thanks Phillip! Good to hear that you are busy... I wish the Global Dist in So Cal would have the same policy. You guys continue to support your customers and they will continue to support you. :rollin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teamfutaba
talk about little fish in a big pond. I called lulu the other day to order some DL15. they said XXXsf. I asked if that was there dont ever call us again or we dont want your business price.

You must not order much FG from them... :twocents

Hey, edit your pricing please. :rollin

it's not' my pricing its there pricing. with the slow economy they must be doing real good to just blow off custys like that. similar film at 1/3 less from there competition. sorry for the de-rail.

Before you guys light the match and burn us at the stake....

For the record, Geoshield will never compete with any of our dealers on installation. We certainly do procure leads and pass them on to our customers, however, Geoshield is focused on distribution of quality window films to our dealer network. We have gone to great lengths to protect exclusive territories for our dealers in Florida. I can assure you that there is no conflict between dealer/distributor in the Miami/Dade territory.

Thanks, and Happy Halloween!

Beau Dingler

Geoshield

1-800-234-6133

:twocents Under name Geoshield - may be NO.

But - same films labeled other - WHY NOT?

talk about little fish in a big pond. I called lulu the other day to order some DL15. they said XXXsf. I asked if that was there dont ever call us again or we dont want your business price.

You must not order much FG from them... :rollin

Hey, edit your pricing please. :twocents

it's not' my pricing its there pricing. with the slow economy they must be doing real good to just blow off custys like that. similar film at 1/3 less from there competition. sorry for the de-rail.

Doesn't matter whose pricing... it shouldn't be posted here. :)

Guest vclimber

You must not order much FG from them... :)

Hey, edit your pricing please. :twocents

I have 3M's pricing, would you like me to post it? Probably not, and that is why we don't post pricing on TD.com. Do you want to cooperate with that? :rollin

Guest teamfutaba

You must not order much FG from them... :yoda

Hey, edit your pricing please. :yoda

I have 3M's pricing, would you like me to post it? Probably not, and that is why we don't post pricing on TD.com. Do you want to cooperate with that? :yoda

what does that mean...

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Look at what I just found. It's a video from Energy Products Distribution (EPD), a 3M distributer, telling how to tint windows. What does that tell you about what they think about their dealers by training the general public. Yes, I have a bit of a grudge against them, but still.

Look at what I just found. It's a video from Energy Products Distribution (EPD), a 3M distributer, telling how to tint windows. What does that tell you about what they think about their dealers by training the general public. Yes, I have a bit of a grudge against them, but still.

Sounds like the video is directed towards new dealers and not end users. But it still begs the question of why they would post it on youtube.

I guess this is how they chose to do business,...............

Archived