competing against a distributor/tint shop

Guest teamfutaba

My distributor sells jobs as well, but because I know everyone that works there, and my wife works there, one of the sales guys calls me to do the job under my name. He will go out and basically sell it for me. So I have nothing bad to say about my distributor. :drevil

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My distributor sells jobs as well, but because I know everyone that works there, and my wife works there, one of the sales guys calls me to do the job under my name. He will go out and basically sell it for me. So I have nothing bad to say about my distributor. :drevil

Your in Houston, who is it :drevil

So if he basically sells the job for you, are you just being paid to install the film? If you have to purchase the film, are you getting a discount that other dealers that use your film wouldn't get?

Yes I do have to buy the film, and no I don't a discount on the film either, but, I am sorta buddy buddy with a sales guy there. Occasionally he gets a call from someone wanting window film and he goes out to sell it. If it's not a huge job, he gives it to me. If it is a huge job, it goes to another company here in Houston that is their biggest dealer. I don't have a lot of insurance coverage so I can't do some of them. The only way I know of getting a discount is if you are buying lots of film or if you simply ask. However, on some things I can get a discount, like tools, rarely film.

So if he basically sells the job for you, are you just being paid to install the film? If you have to purchase the film, are you getting a discount that other dealers that use your film wouldn't get?

Yes I do have to buy the film, and no I don't a discount on the film either, but, I am sorta buddy buddy with a sales guy there. Occasionally he gets a call from someone wanting window film and he goes out to sell it. If it's not a huge job, he gives it to me. If it is a huge job, it goes to another company here in Houston that is their biggest dealer. I don't have a lot of insurance coverage so I can't do some of them. The only way I know of getting a discount is if you are buying lots of film or if you simply ask. However, on some things I can get a discount, like tools, rarely film.

:rock

I'd still like to know who. Theres 3 distributors Ive bought from in Houston and I personally still think thats a conflict of interest :twocents

Guest vclimber

I'd still like to know who. Theres 3 distributors Ive bought from in Houston and I personally still think thats a conflict of interest :twocents

Come on tinjunkie don't stop there, answer willie's question. This is what the thread is all about. :twocents

Come on tinjunkie don't stop there, answer willie's question. This is what the thread is all about. :twocents

I can see your point of conflict of interest, but it's not like the guy is keeping me in buisiness. I won't say the name of the distributor, and if you did a little research you would find out who it is. I have been with this particular distributor for 9 years and the same people still work there. I have posted my distributor on this site before, and from previous topics, you can find what film I use. Sorry for dodging the question, but Im not looking to get in the middle of anything, especially when Willie seems upset about it.

Archived