New UK Tint Laws

Guest Tint Bob

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

come on cool,thats not helping! by the way everybody I've just strated putting something together to take this further,only been looking on the net for an hour or so and I've already found a contact at the department of roada and traffic,she was the one who started the update of the laws regarding the vlt limit on tint,I've also found that the head of the traffic police in lothian and borders has his own q=a website and has already been asked about tint limits he says the following- this is whats allowed- windscreen no darker than 25% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! front windows no darker than 30% tint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and any film on the rears! one out of three aint bad! I printed it out, gonna look good if I get questioned on this at a later date because the head of lothian and borders police doesnt even know the limits thoroughly! this is only the start!

Guest sdtintin

I rekon we need to contact every tint shop in your area and let them know we want to put summat together to approach the government ,we also need tint suppliers input on this ,sun tek,sun guard,llumar,johnsons,3m etc maybe a petition or summat maybe got customers to have a say aswell ,im not sure if it would ever make a difference but weve gotta do summat

the law sucks you cant tint your rollups but you can wear sunglasses ,its the same for bikes you cant have a tinted visor but you can wear sunglasses ,they have had sientific evidence sayin that its safer to ride on a bright day witha tinted visor its even got police backing but the law still stands ,there was also a big case a while back where a company was taken to court because they sold tinted visors even tho they came with a disclaimer saying that they were not road legal and for off road use only ,what im trying to get at is if we are to have any sucsess in getting the laws changed we need asmuch backing as possible ,suppliers,customers,tinters,even accessory shops ,we realy need mot testers etc to give professional advice etc as to vehicle safety with tinted glass come on guys help me out here we need as much support as possible :thumb

sorry didnt know I had to be miserable :DD but I have already spoken to two different mot testers and they told me there is no mot guidelines about window film. they both informed me that even if I had limo on my two front windows they would pass my vehicle as roadworthy so wots the police beef???

beats me......im still tinting :thumb

Guest Sprinter

so your all telling us that there NOW going to uphold the tint laws that were passed along time ago? and that terrorisim has nothing to do with this right?

the whole time the laws have read 70% vlt on the front two roll ups you've all been putting on 35%?

Guest Sprinter

as in your area of the world and ours I say go for it and try to get the laws passed, I like the glasses thing and the guy who up in the goverment for not know the law and I would carry the law as he says it is with you and if your ever questioned I would pull it out! do bring it to court! :thumb to you guys for trying to make a difference!

Guest sdtintin

ok for those that dont know heres as the law stands at the moment

tint law

so who has any ideas as to who we contact on having the law revied ,come on u uk boys this is how I feed my kids and I dont fancy a job change at the moment so if any1s got any ideas suggestions for us to persue this subject then dont hesitate to speak up ,we all (uk guys) need to get involved in this if we want to contiue in buisness legaly

Archived