Nexfill from Korea

Jack

Nexfil's Color Stable film is what I want to know about.

Leo, You're funny but I want REAL answers please.

I can't give REAL answers as I never tinted - I am really sorry for that.

But if You need - I can give You direct contact of NEXFIL and You can ask samples and test by yourself. that's easy.

In reality You can ask Mr. Google about that too.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stopped by their warehouse in California and picked up some of their dyed film "color stable" film and it reminded me of Express True Black for some reason (shrank the same and similar feel).

Did it look the same too or just "feel" the same?

I've been telling everyone for the past months that Nexfil manufactures film for EWF (Express) and Geoshield. Instead of buying darkmatter from geoshield, I'll buy the same exact film from Nexfil (straight from the factory). You save $$$ (more than half)... and now you see how much film truly gets marked up.

Guest vclimber

All of the private label companies' oversees suppliers are setting up distribution in the US. This is going to be a real interesting dynamic to see play itself out. :embar

I predict... critical mass

LEO CAN CREATED BRANDS EVERY 5 MINUTES

Leo is a wise man. Let me phrase things a little differently for you:

The reason why you will notice similarities between "Brand-X and Brand-Y" is that the list of component suppliers to this industry is finite. With the exception of Global/Garware (made entirely in-house from the molecular level) all of the basic raw components in your film were purchased, not actually "manufactured".

There is little value in knowing which manufacturer produced which specific roll of film for which supplier, etc., at any moment in time because it's a very dynamic situation. Of the 6-9 critical components in any particular roll, 3 might have come from Source-A, 2 from Source-B and the remainder from the company doing the converting (which can also change at the click of a mouse).

Once a private labeler's purchases cross a certain threshold, they get the films constructed to their own particular specifications. He (or she) will make changes in the product based upon feedback from their own customers. At EWF, these decisions are also driven to a large degree by our QUV tests and 27 years of industry experience. We have customers buying film today that did business with us back in the 1980s.

The key is to find a supplier that "works" for you, which is a combination of price, service, stability and reliability. There are many good choices out there in the marketplace. But basing your decision on a rumor you heard that Brand-K is really "made by" Factory-Z is not a sound strategy. There is simply too much at risk.

To borrow a phrase from the stock market: As soon as you think you found "the key" someone changes the lock on the door.

-Howard

Guest vclimber

What I get perplexed at is your supplier's business model. They supply companies like EWF and then set up distribution on shore here and go after your customers. :thumb

What I get perplexed at is your supplier's business model. They supply companies like EWF and then set up distribution on shore here and go after your customers. :lol2

As always, I agree with you Vclimber. We face similar competition, as many of you are experiencing from your suppliers.

I can’t blame overseas competitors for pursuing the American dream. At times I think it is unfair but I have to remind myself to fight the good fight and finish my work. I could say a lot of things but I will not.

We have never made it a secret about where our films come from. Yes we do require a margin to operate and I can promise you the only reward we have seen for our hard work over the past 5 years is the satisfaction of happy customers and the pride that comes with building something with good friends bigger than ourselves.

I am still learning everyday. And I have learned one thing for sure. Americans are some of the most creative and imaginative people in the world. Our entrepreneurial spirit is unmatched and I would never bet against us.

I hope everyone is having a great summer. Thank you to all who have supported us.

Archived