Nexfill from Korea

Jack

Guest vclimber
What I get perplexed at is your supplier's business model. They supply companies like EWF and then set up distribution on shore here and go after your customers. :lol

As always, I agree with you Vclimber. We face similar competition, as many of you are experiencing from your suppliers.

I can’t blame overseas competitors for pursuing the American dream. At times I think it is unfair but I have to remind myself to fight the good fight and finish my work. I could say a lot of things but I will not.

We have never made it a secret about where our films come from. Yes we do require a margin to operate and I can promise you the only reward we have seen for our hard work over the past 5 years is the satisfaction of happy customers and the pride that comes with building something with good friends bigger than ourselves.

I am still learning everyday. And I have learned one thing for sure. Americans are some of the most creative and imaginative people in the world. Our entrepreneurial spirit is unmatched and I would never bet against us.

I hope everyone is having a great summer. Thank you to all who have supported us.

Nice to see you drop in Burns. Hope your summer is going well too. :lol

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a big pie. There are 7 Billion people on this planet. :lol

And 1/6 of them are chinese, Sir :lol

1/9 of them are indians :mad

And soon everything will be made in China/India and Designed, Styled, Packed, Created in US, EU, UK or whatever.

I tried to explain it here 7 years ago when I joined board.

99% of members :lol at Leo at thought I am an idiot.

Some years later - when every month people start to find NEW BRAND (no idea why it is called "private label" - is there any "government label" (may be BIGM :lol )) people start to think WHY.

I told also many times before MOST EXPENSIVE BRANDS have ONLY this BRANDS. And they never made films.

And that's NORMAL.

OK. For today too much of truth about great wf indusrty :lol2

LEO CAN CREATED BRANDS EVERY 5 MINUTES

Leo is a wise man. Let me phrase things a little differently for you:

The reason why you will notice similarities between "Brand-X and Brand-Y" is that the list of component suppliers to this industry is finite. With the exception of Global/Garware (made entirely in-house from the molecular level) all of the basic raw components in your film were purchased, not actually "manufactured".

There is little value in knowing which manufacturer produced which specific roll of film for which supplier, etc., at any moment in time because it's a very dynamic situation. Of the 6-9 critical components in any particular roll, 3 might have come from Source-A, 2 from Source-B and the remainder from the company doing the converting (which can also change at the click of a mouse).

Once a private labeler's purchases cross a certain threshold, they get the films constructed to their own particular specifications. He (or she) will make changes in the product based upon feedback from their own customers. At EWF, these decisions are also driven to a large degree by our QUV tests and 27 years of industry experience. We have customers buying film today that did business with us back in the 1980s.

The key is to find a supplier that "works" for you, which is a combination of price, service, stability and reliability. There are many good choices out there in the marketplace. But basing your decision on a rumor you heard that Brand-K is really "made by" Factory-Z is not a sound strategy. There is simply too much at risk.

To borrow a phrase from the stock market: As soon as you think you found "the key" someone changes the lock on the door.

-Howard

I completely agree with You. And I will add again my :lol .

People buy TWO THINGS:

1. Bran&Package.

2. Story-legend.

All other are next.

Lot of tintdudes still thinking that buyng BRAND X or BRAND Y they buy "factory direct" and they are happy and proud from that.

But we know that one & only from A 2 Z factory is located in India.

And they sell their poly as many as possible, second people coat it with color, third with glue, forth with "brand" ("private (???) label").

Who from this chain can be named manufacturer?

And is there any benefits buy "factory direct"?

as tintjunkie said earlier all I know about nexfill is their making geoshield's auto films the dark matter and the dark matter ceramic :lol

:lol there ya go................

When GeoSheild Dark Matter came out, It was right after a big korean film boom. I had a really strong feeling it was the same stuff. DigiCut was using it for a short run as there Ceramic II and an IR coated one called Nano.

Howard, I would have to think that the 2 main suppliers over there are pumping out film 24/7. Servicing that Asian market alone is a big load, plus there is Europe, and S. America... I understand what you are saying but I think there is a little bit more the cultural attitude of sell to anyone and everyone going on. :thumb

You are right, VC. More coating lines have been added there in the last decade than probably anywhere else in the world (certainly more than the USA).

This is how you tell when a manufacturer has no excess capacity: They stop trying to hustle up more business. No reserve capacity = no ability to service new accounts. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that are not looking for new customers?

Well in advance of reaching maximum capacity, they will add a new line. And from that day they boot it up, they go out looking for more business.

I read their attitude a little differently. The desire to sell into every market that will allow you to participate is not uniquely Asian. It's as American as apple pie!

-Howard

But we know that one & only from A 2 Z factory is located in India.

Leo - so many "pearls of wisdom" from you. You are absolutely correct !!!

To the best of my knowledge, they do not sell any dyed polyester to competing manufacturers, however if they were doing so they would certainly not tell me about it. This means if you want to buy a window film made with genuine Garware Polyester in the USA, give your local Global Distributor a call.

So in that sense, Global/Garware is the only true "manufacturer". The rest are actually "converters".

-Howard

Guest vclimber
Howard, I would have to think that the 2 main suppliers over there are pumping out film 24/7. Servicing that Asian market alone is a big load, plus there is Europe, and S. America... I understand what you are saying but I think there is a little bit more the cultural attitude of sell to anyone and everyone going on. :beer

You are right, VC. More coating lines have been added there in the last decade than probably anywhere else in the world (certainly more than the USA).

This is how you tell when a manufacturer has no excess capacity: They stop trying to hustle up more business. No reserve capacity = no ability to service new accounts. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that are not looking for new customers?

Well in advance of reaching maximum capacity, they will add a new line. And from that day they boot it up, they go out looking for more business.

I read their attitude a little differently. The desire to sell into every market that will allow you to participate is not uniquely Asian. It's as American as apple pie!

-Howard

I walked up the import isle at SEMA... started with a company that sold small pre-packaged tint to everyone (shops, homeowners, DITY'ers, etc). Next booth... will sell to me and anyone who wants to buy film from him too but he says that he also supplies the guy that I just spoke too previously. Next booth... same thing but they have distribution set up in CA so I don't have to wait for a container. New rep is up and rolling, he speaks English. Oh, and btw... these guys supply the previous booth.

So I march up the isle and the same thing repeats itself over and over about 4 times. Then I get to the end of the isle where the largest booth is located. They'll sell to me too, in fact the booth is loaded with dealers trying to figure out how to buy a container's worth of film. There's non-industry people in there just trying to buy film for their car or house... I think I even saw a member of this forum trying to negotiate his next shipment. So I finally get to talk to Mr Choi who proceeds to tell me how he supplies everyone down the entire isle that I just walked!

In...sane :beer

Archived