Nexfill from Korea

Jack

What I get perplexed at is your supplier's business model. They supply companies like EWF and then set up distribution on shore here and go after your customers. :lol2

As always, I agree with you Vclimber. We face similar competition, as many of you are experiencing from your suppliers.

I can’t blame overseas competitors for pursuing the American dream. At times I think it is unfair but I have to remind myself to fight the good fight and finish my work. I could say a lot of things but I will not.

We have never made it a secret about where our films come from. Yes we do require a margin to operate and I can promise you the only reward we have seen for our hard work over the past 5 years is the satisfaction of happy customers and the pride that comes with building something with good friends bigger than ourselves.

I am still learning everyday. And I have learned one thing for sure. Americans are some of the most creative and imaginative people in the world. Our entrepreneurial spirit is unmatched and I would never bet against us.

I hope everyone is having a great summer. Thank you to all who have supported us.

Hi Burns! I have never seen you on the board but like seeing you here. Great product you have and great service, keep up the good work.

Cheers

Stan

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have never made it a secret about where our films come from. Yes we do require a margin to operate and I can promise you the only reward we have seen for our hard work over the past 5 years is the satisfaction of happy customers and the pride that comes with building something with good friends bigger than ourselves.

I am still learning everyday. And I have learned one thing for sure. Americans are some of the most creative and imaginative people in the world. Our entrepreneurial spirit is unmatched and I would never bet against us.

I hope everyone is having a great summer. Thank you to all who have supported us.

And you speak English (sort of!)

:beer

What I get perplexed at is your supplier's business model. They supply companies like EWF and then set up distribution on shore here and go after your customers. :nohit:

It's very simple to understand.

Manufacturing window film is a very capital intensive business. Since the capital costs are fixed, the only way to increase your return on investment (R.O.I.) is via high utilization rates. Now consider that very few of these factories actually run at full capacity on a year round basis.

Private labelers like EWF purchase the excess capacity and help the factories optimize their utilization rates. It works for them because we buy large quantities and pay up front. We submit our own specifications so there are no R&D costs on their part associated with filling our orders. Since we are nowhere near large enough to purchase their entire output, it is understood that they will sell into the same markets we do.

All of the factories we work with (presently 6) also sell under their own flagship brands. We need and want them to be successful and financially sound so that we can continue our partnership.

Private label films like EWF are not made in "third world sweat-shops" as some believe. They are made in the same facilities, by the same technicians and operators that produce the world's finest films.

Our strategy is to use our experience, skills and judgment to construct the best products at the best prices for our customers, by working closely with our manufacturing partners. 2014 will make 30 years in the industry for my team and I. We have grown our business through good times and bad by providing reliable, durable professional films at competitive pricing.

For the past 27 years, I have worked one-on-one with professional installers to solve problems, find innovative solutions and grow their businesses. Try getting the President of 3M, CP or Solar-Gard on the phone.

-Howard

the only reward we have seen for our hard work over the past 5 years is the satisfaction of happy customers

Hi Burns,

We have never met - but I would like tell you that you do a terrific job over there at GS (imho). You're a class act and a credit to our industry.

I hope to meet you someday. Until then, I hope you are enjoying your summer as well.

Regards,

Howard

im trying to stick with the big wigs.... :thumb

Have fun when the "big wigs" take your customer base away from you while trying to sell to you. That's what happened to me. Now I don't trust ANY "big wig" company. Bunch of bottom feeders IMHO :)

Howard you are a class act and one reason I keep coming back. Expect my call in the morning...

Amen!

Guest vclimber
What I get perplexed at is your supplier's business model. They supply companies like EWF and then set up distribution on shore here and go after your customers. :lol

It's very simple to understand.

Manufacturing window film is a very capital intensive business. Since the capital costs are fixed, the only way to increase your return on investment (R.O.I.) is via high utilization rates. Now consider that very few of these factories actually run at full capacity on a year round basis.

Private labelers like EWF purchase the excess capacity and help the factories optimize their utilization rates. It works for them because we buy large quantities and pay up front. We submit our own specifications so there are no R&D costs on their part associated with filling our orders. Since we are nowhere near large enough to purchase their entire output, it is understood that they will sell into the same markets we do.

All of the factories we work with (presently 6) also sell under their own flagship brands. We need and want them to be successful and financially sound so that we can continue our partnership.

Private label films like EWF are not made in "third world sweat-shops" as some believe. They are made in the same facilities, by the same technicians and operators that produce the world's finest films.

Our strategy is to use our experience, skills and judgment to construct the best products at the best prices for our customers, by working closely with our manufacturing partners. 2014 will make 30 years in the industry for my team and I. We have grown our business through good times and bad by providing reliable, durable professional films at competitive pricing.

For the past 27 years, I have worked one-on-one with professional installers to solve problems, find innovative solutions and grow their businesses. Try getting the President of 3M, CP or Solar-Gard on the phone.

-Howard

Howard, I would have to think that the 2 main suppliers over there are pumping out film 24/7. Servicing that Asian market alone is a big load, plus there is Europe, and S. America... I understand what you are saying but I think there is a little bit more the cultural attitude of sell to anyone and everyone going on. :lol

Archived