Nexfill from Korea

Jack

Howard, I would have to think that the 2 main suppliers over there are pumping out film 24/7. Servicing that Asian market alone is a big load, plus there is Europe, and S. America... I understand what you are saying but I think there is a little bit more the cultural attitude of sell to anyone and everyone going on. :spit

You are right, VC. More coating lines have been added there in the last decade than probably anywhere else in the world (certainly more than the USA).

This is how you tell when a manufacturer has no excess capacity: They stop trying to hustle up more business. No reserve capacity = no ability to service new accounts. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that are not looking for new customers?

Well in advance of reaching maximum capacity, they will add a new line. And from that day they boot it up, they go out looking for more business.

I read their attitude a little differently. The desire to sell into every market that will allow you to participate is not uniquely Asian. It's as American as apple pie!

-Howard

I walked up the import isle at SEMA... started with a company that sold small pre-packaged tint to everyone (shops, homeowners, DITY'ers, etc). Next booth... will sell to me and anyone who wants to buy film from him too but he says that he also supplies the guy that I just spoke too previously. Next booth... same thing but they have distribution set up in CA so I don't have to wait for a container. New rep is up and rolling, he speaks English. Oh, and btw... these guys supply the previous booth.

So I march up the isle and the same thing repeats itself over and over about 4 times. Then I get to the end of the isle where the largest booth is located. They'll sell to me too, in fact the booth is loaded with dealers trying to figure out how to buy a container's worth of film. There's non-industry people in there just trying to buy film for their car or house... I think I even saw a member of this forum trying to negotiate his next shipment. So I finally get to talk to Mr Choi who proceeds to tell me how he supplies everyone down the entire isle that I just walked!

In...sane :poop

good post. I think you hit it right on the head. Nothing is protected, nothing is geared for one company. Its make it! Pack it! and sell to who ever writes a check first! Repeat - Repeatedly.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vision

Come on guys, even sungard discussed with China and korea factories last year to produce for them because the old FTI line kept having issues.

Not all Korean films are trashy.

Vision,

Your statement is incorrect. Solamatrix has never discussed doing any type of business with Korean or China window film manufactures. All our films since the inception of Solamatrix, are made in St. Petersburg Florida and that will not change.

You might want to get your facts correct before posting on a public forum.

Bill Stewart

North American Sales and Operations Manager

Solamatrix

Including CP Films??

I have the utmost respect for CP. They make terrific film.

CP does not produce the base polyester, although they are one of the few that can dye it. The difference between Global and CP is that Global produces the base polyester that goes into the finished product. There are several threads on it.

-Howard

Including CP Films??

I have the utmost respect for CP. They make terrific film.

CP does not produce the base polyester, although they are one of the few that can dye it. The difference between Global and CP is that Global produces the base polyester that goes into the finished product. There are several threads on it.

-Howard

I met a man in an airport bar once. We had some drinks and did the usual banter. I asked what he did and he said he was in the biz of basically glow sticks mfg in regards to the casing which is polyester. I told him my gig. He replied "oh yea, I had some biz partners from uk way back that bought a place in Martinsville,VA". Said that they had been in the poly production biz for years before from soda bottles to window film.

So CP does not mfg polyester???

From CP web site

Does CPFilms Manufacture The Films They Sell?

Yes. With that exception of raw polyester, CPFilms is the only window film manufacturing company in the world with the full range of technologies needed for every aspect of the production of solar control, decorative, and safety and security films. CPFilms more than 700,000 square feet of manufacturing space dedicated to the production of the full range of film types. CPFilms' production capabilities include color dyeing, sputtering, metallizing, laminating, and slitting. It is also is uniquely known for the unmatched size, scope, and quality of its marketing, sales, and technical support groups that literally span the globe.

Archived