Llumar is just going too far now.

Handed in some warranties now they are saying if I dont have a copy of the llumar warranty card with a serial # they wont cover, We were told the roll # is what they needed and a peice of the tint .Now they are saying without the warranty card , piece of damaged tint , original bill, roll# they wont pay the warranty . They also now give you a full page form to fill out . If they past that rule now they should start from now. I have warranties back since 1999 . If they wont stand behind there product I guess I will have to change product .

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malcolm E Boo

It used to be that you could quote them the lot number send the film in and they would sort it. It is all going down hill for them more and more.

doesnt seem too far of a stretch to have all that info.

card, lot numbers, a piece of the tint, and your original receipt to verify dates

put yourself in their position, ud wanna make sure it was your warranty before you pay out.

ive done a few warranties for llumar that were out of my city and they went smooth. but I have my rep come out and verify in person. maybe start a better relation with your rep and manu and it will run smooth too.

yes but we tell customer to keep reciept with roll# and customer info. there is no cust info on the warranty card . We didnt stress the warranty card . We were always told all you need was the original bill with roll# . If they add on a new requirement it should only apply to warranties after the new requirement , .If I did a job in 2001 and they have the recipt and all info I am suppose to tell them we cant cover it because you dont have a card . That bullshit . they are just looking for excuses to not back there product .

Guest sound&security

LIKE mentioned in a reply on this thread-all the t's and I's must be crossed and dot'ed

Every customer to leaves here has a reciept with "FULL" NAME-address-phone#-date-type of film-and signed at the botton -PLUS a fully filled out warranty card with roll run #'s and date's-customer full info.

Customer is told before leaving the shop that they MUST retain all receipt's for any warrenty work to be performed and if they lose it-no work will be performed period.

LIKE mentioned in a reply on this thread-all the t's and I's must be crossed and dot'ed

Every customer to leaves here has a reciept with "FULL" NAME-address-phone#-date-type of film-and signed at the botton -PLUS a fully filled out warranty card with roll run #'s and date's-customer full info.

Customer is told before leaving the shop that they MUST retain all receipt's for any warrenty work to be performed and if they lose it-no work will be performed period.

It is very nice of you to give the manny a complete data base for their future solicitation

Guest Scottsfire

Keeping in mind, I'm a new one man part time shop, if I had one of my customers come back with a film failure and they don't have their receipt.............I'll eat the small cost and just replace the film. Granted, some of you with bigger shops couldn't do this as easily cause of time etc......but none the less, I stand to gain more repeat business by just handling the situation.

Archived