"tinted" windows

Guest calypsos15

Guest calypsos15

Hi. =)

Well, I got a ticket from the Cali highway patrol for tinted windows, and I tried to access their website to check it out online, but they don't have such resources (do they?) It's a correctable ticket. I'd like to contest it though. (I could explain more the reasons why, if you're interested) Anyways, so if I contest it and I am still found "guilty", do I still get a chance to correct it or do I lose the chance and then also pay a fine (and points too? raised insurance??)

O, one more thing, can I ask for an extension on my ticket...and then contest it?

Ya, I looked at a lot of websites, the cali hiway patrol website (sux), forums all over, google for these answers but to no avail. Thx so much

=)

Guest calypsos15

=)

Another question...is it true that they keep track of your tickets, so that a second "tinted" windows ticket will result in a fine and no correction?

For the legally savvy: if I win this contest, is it still in their records for the next time they pull me over??

btw, I have "medium" "tint" all over

=)

Just bite the bullet and go legal.

There are a lot of good reasons to stay legal, I'm sure that's not what you want to hear though.

Just remove the film, get the ticket signed off, and have a legal, UV blocking film applied. I know it sucks not even being able to have a light tint on the fronts in CA, but the risks can outweigh the benefits sometimes.

strip it and have it signed off. you pay a lower fine and the ticket drops off your records and no points are applied. if you leave the tint on and just pay the increased fine it stays on there and you can later get a 2nd offense ticket which will be almost double. as far as fighting it it will only work if you have a legitimate written exemption. if you lose the hearing you will be allowed time to have the citation corrected or pay the increased fine. and yes you can get up to 3 extensions

Guest calypsos15

Thx so much for your replies. I totally appreciate it!

Btw, I put an extension on the ticket, and it worked. I will also tell you my reason for why I can probly beat this tint ticket...it's a technical flaw (one which worked on my "passing a red light ticket")

The definition of "tint" means to add a lighter substance to an object (in the parlance of art lingo, and stuff). "Shade" means to add a darker substance. "Tint" is written on my ticket, but my car was shaded. I will simply point out to the "judge" this fact, with supporting documents from dictionaries, related parts of the tint law, and a picture from my car with the shade removed. I will say that the police man may have thought my car was too "shiny" or bright, yet there is nothing in the "tint" law that says I cannot have a shiny windowed car. Hopfly that wrx. If not, well, I don't have "shaded" windows right now so It'll be a correctable fix.

In the parlance of our time, gentlemen. Fair morrow

I will say that the police man may have thought my car was too "shiny" or bright, yet there is nothing in the "tint" law that says I cannot have a shiny windowed car.

From the CA law.

The material does not reflect sunlight or headlight glare into the

eyes of occupants of oncoming or following vehicles to any greater extent

than the windshield without the material.

Not trying to get into a debate, have fun fighting it. Let us know how it goes.

Thx so much for your replies. I totally appreciate it!

Btw, I put an extension on the ticket, and it worked. I will also tell you my reason for why I can probly beat this tint ticket...it's a technical flaw (one which worked on my "passing a red light ticket")

The definition of "tint" means to add a lighter substance to an object (in the parlance of art lingo, and stuff). "Shade" means to add a darker substance. "Tint" is written on my ticket, but my car was shaded. I will simply point out to the "judge" this fact, with supporting documents from dictionaries, related parts of the tint law, and a picture from my car with the shade removed. I will say that the police man may have thought my car was too "shiny" or bright, yet there is nothing in the "tint" law that says I cannot have a shiny windowed car. Hopfly that wrx. If not, well, I don't have "shaded" windows right now so It'll be a correctable fix.

In the parlance of our time, gentlemen. Fair morrow

good luck with that one buddy

Archived