2011 Nissan Altima

pbalentine

Did a 2011 altima the other day, everything went well except the bg. After installing the bg, I got about 3-4 peanuts per side. So i decided to install all the rollups and come back to hit them down. Tried for 30 minutes with no luck, so I decided to pull it and i steel wooled the defrosters lines for like 10 minutes. I even hit the defroster lines extra in the problems areas. Then i intalled the film and had just about the same amount of peanuts. I tried heating them for over 40 minutes with no luck.

Im using true black hp and the second attempt i used nothing but sliptack. This film has been working out well on bgs, so i wanted to know if this car is just trouble or its something with the film. I told the guy I can try to fix it in a couple days and if it doesn't work, I'll redo it. I'm really doubting that I can get it to lay right with this film, thinking i might have to try a different film on this one.

Oh, and this car would of took 2hr 45 min with out the trouble, but ended up taking 5 HOURS!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the true black, I promise, I will some times get 1-2 but a little heat and they lay right down with ATC, I remember doing a G35 in TB and we spent more than 30 minutes trying to get the 1/2 dozen or so to lay down, it was a nightmare.

I actually did an r&r 05 coupe last week and the film stuck to the matrix, except the very corner, but i think it was sanded previously and i sanded it some more.

Edit: Is there anything I could use to sand the defroster lines, besides steel wool? Maybe sandpaper? If i can use sandpaper, what grade should i use.

It's the true black, I promise, I will some times get 1-2 but a little heat and they lay right down with ATC, I remember doing a G35 in TB and we spent more than 30 minutes trying to get the 1/2 dozen or so to lay down, it was a nightmare.

I actually did an r&r 05 coupe last week and the film stuck to the matrix, except the very corner, but i think it was sanded previously and i sanded it some more.

Edit: Is there anything I could use to sand the defroster lines, besides steel wool? Maybe sandpaper? If i can use sandpaper, what grade should i use.

I never have peanuts on the older glass just the new ones. I usually park em in the sun for a while, then they push right down.

I never have peanuts on the older glass just the new ones. I usually park em in the sun for a while, then they push right down.

I think he meant the g35, this was a new g35 coupe which has the same horrid defroster lines as the altimas. That being said, upgrade your film to something that sticks. I remember trying to tint some flat security doors with TB and it wasn't even sticky enough to hold itself against the glass from it's own curling. That was how I used the last of the TB I will order, too many headaches.

Archived