Is this happening to anyone else????

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it curled like that in the shade? or did you get a call back and that is what you found?

those were the first 2 windows , in the shade ambient temp. 110. Took about 12 mins. to get that far and that was after hard carding with a towel.

Less soap added to the water will help, however expect a longer drying time if very little is used.

A few things that would help.

During the manufacturing process, less tension.

During application of the film, change the direction of your squeegee pattern and pressure used when doing so.

Use x-100 on just 2 inches around the perimeter of the edge of the glass.

Use a fresh blade when cutting, I never did care for the way that films edge looks when running it through a slitter or final trimming on the window.

Pre-cut the film and roll it up small with the film side facing the outside.

And a few other things............. :lol

One more thing, use some 3M tape to hold it to the frame till it sets up......... :spit ........ :D

Less soap added to the water will help, however expect a longer drying time if very little is used.

A few things that would help.

During the manufacturing process, less tension.

During application of the film, change the direction of your squeegee pattern and pressure used when doing so.

Use x-100 on just 2 inches around the perimeter of the edge of the glass.

Use a fresh blade when cutting, I never did care for the way that films edge looks when running it through a slitter or final trimming on the window.

Pre-cut the film and roll it up small with the film side facing the outside.

And a few other things............. :lol

Or just use a different brand of film. That is just unacceptable...for any film. You should not need to babysit a piece of film to make sure it is going to do what it is supposed to do

One more thing, use some 3M tape to hold it to the frame till it sets up......... :spit ........ :D

Here is what you said Tom,........ :lol

Or just use a different brand of film. That is just unacceptable...for any film. You should not need to babysit a piece of film to make sure it is going to do what it is supposed to do

Try and learn how to use the the replying part of this site.

Tom, I would appreciate if you did not add your words to what I said, as you just did in your last post....Thanks.

Agreed. Problem like this are a huge waste of time for the installers...

Agreed. Problem like this are a huge waste of time for the installers...

It happens all the time with CDF, and Not with just one brand of film..... :lol

Here is what you said Tom,........ :lol2

Try and learn how to use the the replying part of this site.

Tom, I would appreciate if you did not add your words to what I said, as you just did in your last post....Thanks.

:poke We shouldn't have to change films or techniques to install a piece of film no matter who the many is. These problems have been in the last few years . I have been installing since the late 80's and have never seen the amount of problems with several many's as of recent. ?????????

P.S. don't know who said it?? about less solution , but films are WATER activatable and you push the same amount out regardless .(or should) the drying time shouldn't change

what next : for brand x - use ___amount of film on and ____ amount of J/J for brand y _______ . there is no reason for it period.

Dealt with this before also, on various films except maybe Hanita which always sticks. It helps a bunch if you precut, and roll up the film with the liner in. Helps even more if you do this a couple days before the job.

Dealt with this before also, on various films except maybe Hanita which always sticks. It helps a bunch if you precut, and roll up the film with the liner in. Helps even more if you do this a couple days before the job.

There are only a few films you can get away with leaving rolled w/o having the liner pop and it shouldn't get to a point where you have to second guess what film is going to do what :wtf

Like I said before , this is a recent problem for the manufacturers to deal with.

thanks though :wtf

Archived