Legal Limit Change Coming soon

Guest jcoe

Hey I'm in VA and the current legallimit is 50%FR and 35% Rr, we currently have a new bill that passed though the house and senate called HB1724 allowing 35% all around. The bill is waiting on the Governors signature to become law. The majority of my customers are aware of this bill and aren"t sure what to get installed. I haven"t had any issues YET, but I am just wondering what would you guys install the current legal limit or the future?

Hey I'm in VA and the current legallimit is 50%FR and 35% Rr, we currently have a new bill that passed though the house and senate called HB1724 allowing 35% all around. The bill is waiting on the Governors signature to become law. The majority of my customers are aware of this bill and aren"t sure what to get installed. I haven"t had any issues YET, but I am just wondering what would you guys install the current legal limit or the future?

Here in Nevada it is NET 35 all around. Seems to make it easy on everyone :dunno

Wow, wish whoever was in charge of PA would get that smart!

Your question though: Compared to other places you already have reasonable laws, abide by them now, & when there officially changed. :twocents

To be safe I would go with the current law :lol2 Better safe than a bunch of mad customers :blink:

I really agree with you. The only down side is there are a lot of customers who want sunshade now and don't want to retint the fronts when the law passes

Guest Malcolm E Boo
To be safe I would go with the current law :lol2 Better safe than a bunch of mad customers :blink:

Play it safe.

What happens if the law does not get passed for some reason or the politicians change their mind?

We have had a lot of confusion in Virginia about the new tint law legislation. I have had my share of confusion as well because of the way the media reported the passage of the bill in the house and how it was handled afterwards. And it is not just me, several police officers have told me that the law had passed.

This is what happened: Carrico, a former state trooper introduced a bill to change our limit to 35% and it passed the House easily (67 to 30) and got the media's attention. This was followed by a flurry of worked up citizens and law enforcement officers who just heard the word "darker" and equated it with "dangerous." This led to significant pressure in the Senate. Instead of taking a vote in the Senate, the senators sent the bill to a Transportation Commitee composed of 15 senators. The 15 senators voted unanimously NO to even bringing the bill to the floor for a vote. Unless something is done the bill will sit on a shelf and gather dust forever.

We have had a lot of confusion in Virginia about the new tint law legislation. I have had my share of confusion as well because of the way the media reported the passage of the bill in the house and how it was handled afterwards. And it is not just me, several police officers have told me that the law had passed.

This is what happened: Carrico, a former state trooper introduced a bill to change our limit to 35% and it passed the House easily (67 to 30) and got the media's attention. This was followed by a flurry of worked up citizens and law enforcement officers who just heard the word "darker" and equated it with "dangerous." This led to significant pressure in the Senate. Instead of taking a vote in the Senate, the senators sent the bill to a Transportation Commitee composed of 15 senators. The 15 senators voted unanimously NO to even bringing the bill to the floor for a vote. Unless something is done the bill will sit on a shelf and gather dust forever.

Yeha this sucks, SO who carries a nice 50% that you all would suggest

Archived