Sound Barrier Film ?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have installed thousands of square feet of 8 mil. Every time I notice the rooms are quieter

Do you think the 8M absorbs the sound wave

Not as well as PPF.

Maybe the PPF is softer and that may help reduce vibration

:bingo

Interesting......think it would absorb more vibration if it was on the outside surface? :chin

:nope ............Installed on the inside surface.

We have a steady contractor customer who is convinced there is a new chinese film designed for acoustic reduction. Cant find it anywhere. Has anyone heard of this? They have their heart set on it. We have 15 mil and tons of ppf we can put on. Our distributor is also looking in to this.

Found it, sorry.

http://www.s-lec.eu/uk/automotive/acoustic/15/

I built and sold MagnaSeal interior storm windows years ago. I have a display still that when you put a radio in the window seal and then apply the MagnaSeal window the sound STOPS!

I'm thinking about starting the business again and focusing on the floating homes on the Columbia River. ...right upstream from the airport. 

Fantastic insulation from heat and cold on top of eliminating sound.

We recently looked at a hotel right next to Logan airport in Boston for potential energy savings by adding film. They had a very elaborate..what looked like triple pane units. In fact what it was is a custom made 3/8" piece of laminated glass set in front of the exterior window. The air space is aprox 2.5-3" ... it works incredibly well to eliminate noise. To the point where you can't even hear a 747 taking off and flying right overhead. .. it's also extremely energy efficient and made the application of window film a complete waste of money.  #nosale

Archived