3m Crystalline false specs!!

Where and by who is it produced?

No one knows to be exact on the flat glass side but word on the street is Solar Gard makes it...... Suntek makes the Auto for sure though.

When touring the SG plant in California I saw with my own eyes a very large room with master rolls of film covering the walls all with 3m written all over them. It was a mistake I saw it and the door to that part of the plant was sealed as we were ushered on our way. That's all I know.

Stan how long ago was that tour you were on at the SG plant ......... ?

BTW 3M is one of the top 5 Manufacturers of PET , perhaps back then they were selling SG PET for whatever reason and that is why you had seen 3M on the rolls and that is why they ushered you on your way, Do know you for sure they make window film for 3M..........?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3M MFGs Crystalline in their own facility as well as many other films. This goes for Prestige as well which is Crystalline with a different adhesive.

I don't see how this admits their specs are wrong as much as it is CYA factor. Along with the fact that I went into a Llumar dealer that we just converted and the Llumar literature stated that the ATRCH series in any shade had heat rejection on 66%..... Which we all know is false and even pushing it at low VOLTs such as 5%.

Crystalline is a very unique product and has two patent holders. This film was not even made originally for our industry as it was made for the computer LCD screen biz. It just happened to have some incredible properties to it that made it such for us to use. Not to mention it breaks laws of physics, specifically " Brewster's Law".

It simply performs different then any other film on the market. And until you have had a chance to see it in action, its easy to bash on it. I mean it says 3m all over it.... I sold against them for years and only knew what I knew of it from others talking. Yes, they had some shittay film in the 90's. But that film no longer exists and the company has acknowledged, embraced it and has spent a lot in the process of moving forward and building a product that stands above most. From the lowest of the low 1mil 3m ST series all the way to Crystalline. There is now something for all tint retailers.

:blink ........ Rut-Roh........joe Dirt............What do you have to say now...........?.......... :popcorn

Where is the proof?????

I know where it is made and 3M makes it, what proof do you have that they do not.......?

Well myself and a lot of others know that it is not made there and since you cant prove that it is means that one for Joe Dirt and zero for you! :owned

Lets see you are saying that " myself and a lot of others know that it is not made there" ......... Where is there .............?

The day I am "OWNED" by you on this site, I will be dead and someone else would be posting with my user name.......... :lol2

"perhaps back then they were selling SG PET for whatever reason and that is why you had seen 3M on the rolls and that is why they ushered you on your way, Do know you for sure they make window film for 3M..........?"

No.

Back then Solar Gard made the RE35, RE50 and P18 72 inch, all the Anti Grafitti films, the 7 ML SCLAR and of course all the NIARL (Solar Gard sold them under Sterling name.)

That's undisputed fact. FYI

:inot

Guest JoeDirte

3M MFGs Crystalline in their own facility as well as many other films. This goes for Prestige as well which is Crystalline with a different adhesive.

I don't see how this admits their specs are wrong as much as it is CYA factor. Along with the fact that I went into a Llumar dealer that we just converted and the Llumar literature stated that the ATRCH series in any shade had heat rejection on 66%..... Which we all know is false and even pushing it at low VOLTs such as 5%.

Crystalline is a very unique product and has two patent holders. This film was not even made originally for our industry as it was made for the computer LCD screen biz. It just happened to have some incredible properties to it that made it such for us to use. Not to mention it breaks laws of physics, specifically " Brewster's Law".

It simply performs different then any other film on the market. And until you have had a chance to see it in action, its easy to bash on it. I mean it says 3m all over it.... I sold against them for years and only knew what I knew of it from others talking. Yes, they had some shittay film in the 90's. But that film no longer exists and the company has acknowledged, embraced it and has spent a lot in the process of moving forward and building a product that stands above most. From the lowest of the low 1mil 3m ST series all the way to Crystalline. There is now something for all tint retailers.

:blink ........ Rut-Roh........joe Dirt............What do you have to say now...........?.......... :popcorn

Where is the proof?????

I know where it is made and 3M makes it, what proof do you have that they do not.......?

Well myself and a lot of others know that it is not made there and since you cant prove that it is means that one for Joe Dirt and zero for you! :owned

Lets see you are saying that " myself and a lot of others know that it is not made there" ......... Where is there .............?

The day I am "OWNED" by you on this site, I will be dead and someone else would be posting with my user name.......... :lol2

Mike,

I am pretty sure that the count is def in my favor ..... I would be kind of upset too if I had been told for the last 28 years or however long you have been installing 3M film that all they do is stamp their name on it :loser

"There" would be in MN right next to you.....

Truth does hurt sometimes....

Mike,

I am pretty sure that the count is def in my favor ..... I would be kind of upset too if I had been told for the last 28 years or however long you have been installing 3M film that all they do is stamp their name on it :loser

"There" would be in MN right next to you.....

Truth does hurt sometimes....

The funny thing is that you are right and you do not even know it... :dumbass .... That some of the 3M window films are made by 3M in MN and not to far from my shop........... :thumb

Archived