3m Crystalline false specs!!

3M MFG's Crystaline in their own facility as well as many other films. This goes for Prestige as well which is Crystaline with a different adhesive.

I dont see how this admits their specs are wrong as much as it is CYA factor. Along with the fact that I went into a Llumar dealer that we just converted and the Llumar litature stated that the ATRCH series in any shade had heat rejection on 66%..... Which we all know is false and even pushing it at low VLT's such as 5%.

Crystaline is a very unique product and has two patent holders. This film was not even made originally for our industry as it was made for the computer LCD screen biz. It just happened to have some incredible properties to it that made it such for us to use. Not to mention it breaks laws of physics, specifcally " Brewster's Law".

It simply performs different then any other film on the market. And until you have had a chance to see it in action, its easy to bash on it. I mean it says 3m all over it.... I sold against them for years and only knew what I knew of it from others talking. Yes, they had some shittay film in the 90's. But that film no longer exists and the company has aknowledged, embraced it and has spent a lot in the process of moving forward and building a product that stands above most. From the lowest of the low 1mil 3m ST series all the way to Crystaline. There is now somthing for all tint retailers.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3M MFG's Crystaline in their own facility as well as many other films. This goes for Prestige as well which is Crystaline with a different adhesive.

I dont see how this admits their specs are wrong as much as it is CYA factor. Along with the fact that I went into a Llumar dealer that we just converted and the Llumar litature stated that the ATRCH series in any shade had heat rejection on 66%..... Which we all know is false and even pushing it at low VLT's such as 5%.

Crystaline is a very unique product and has two patent holders. This film was not even made originally for our industry as it was made for the computer LCD screen biz. It just happened to have some incredible properties to it that made it such for us to use. Not to mention it breaks laws of physics, specifcally " Brewster's Law".

It simply performs different then any other film on the market. And until you have had a chance to see it in action, its easy to bash on it. I mean it says 3m all over it.... I sold against them for years and only knew what I knew of it from others talking. Yes, they had some shittay film in the 90's. But that film no longer exists and the company has aknowledged, embraced it and has spent a lot in the process of moving forward and building a product that stands above most. From the lowest of the low 1mil 3m ST series all the way to Crystaline. There is now somthing for all tint retailers.

:blink ........ Rut-Roh........joe Dirte............What do you have to say now...........?.......... :popcorn

Guest JoeDirte

:blink ........ Rut-Roh........joe Dirte............What do you have to say now...........?.......... :popcorn

Where is the proof?????

yeah, I had 2 3M guys try to show me how good that stuff was on a windshield and they both screwed it up so I broke out the air blue and showed them how easy it was with llumar, and I have never heard of any llumar's specs being off or false, on 3M gets that honor! Im still having my competitors 3M come to me because of premature film failure

I'm not seeing any conclusive evidence that 3M has falsified the Prestige/Crystalline performance data. Is some of it misleading? I would say definitely "yes" but false is a rather strong accusation that would need some conclusive proof. Throw it up here if you have it. :beer

The science behind the product is cool, I'm not impressed with the durability or the construction... Visible appearance is left to personal opinion, I always suggest that it be installed side by side with another product and then ask the telling question "Which looks better?" :twocents

Guest JoeDirte

Couldnt agree more with all of you.... its an easier product to sell because of the name... lets face it.... thats why everyone that sells it sells it.... not because they think it is good.

Where is the proof?????

I know where it is made and 3M makes it, what proof do you have that they do not.......?

Archived