Good story for you all

So today I went mobile for the first time ever (big mistake, miserable!) Only did it because the guy had 6 cars for me to do. I showed up and found out I was tinting and Acura MDX, BMW 325, Dodge ram crew cab with slider, and 3 mini vans (surveillance company work vehicles). All of them all the way around. The house was a mansion with an air conditioned garage, about 60x60. Guy wouldn't let us tint inside. 85 degrees today, no shade at all, and half way through the second car his lawn care company shows up and starts weed wacking and mowing beside me. Got it all done and explained that there may be more contamination etc. than if he had brought it to my shop with a controlled environment, peel board and such, and he got mad and told me if he knew it was going to affect the work he would have let me tint inside (I told him weeks ago when I spoke to him on the phone that if I went mobile and worked outside that this would be the case, but he said he absolutely had no time to bring them to the shop, and that it was OK.) Big money, and got some details for his show cars out of the deal, but I'll never go mobile again!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't sugar coat this . If a millionaire has an AC garage and shoves you out in the heat to tint all his babies , I would have fukkin walked .

Yeah, did two extended cab trucks mobile the other day. First time doing mobile... It wasnt contamination that killed me, it was not being able to see chit while trying to cuz the film to the right size.... Unless there's an overcast you cant see where you're cutting.

Archived