What did you tint today?

Just tinted a BMW E60 545i with EWF 5% all the way, including the windscreen... crazy as hell, since I'm from Norway where it gets pitchblack at 4pm during the winter.... guy must have been a criminal or something too, had sirens and integrated blue flashers in his grille, and electric curtains that would go in front of his plates with the push of a button. Anyways, heres the album

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bxa70y2grq081x7/AAAlWfQvaqQpCYv_W-4pG8aTa?dl=0

Hey BrightB,

Are you say'n that you put 5% on the windscreen?

If so, it is a pretty average thing to do and it may come back to bite you.

It is no different to breaking any law. It is you that is deciding to do it, and you can in no way say that the customer is a crim... If so, You are the criminal here.

Sorry, I forgot people take everything so serious around here. :lol  Yes, I put 5% on the windscreen, and no, I'm not breaking any law. Unless you are familiar with Norway and Norwegian law, you should know that there is no way it can come back to me with any claims etc. at all in any way. Anyway, I don't know if he's a criminal, it's just something I said since he drives a black fat BMW, 5% all round, license plates that get black with the push of a button, and sirens/blue flashers integrated in the car. I asked him what he does for a living, he just said he does "Illicit work". :cool

Edited by Brightbull

Sorry, I forgot people take everything so serious around here. :lol  Yes, I put 5% on the windscreen, and no, I'm not breaking any law. Unless you are familiar with Norway and Norwegian law, you should know that there is no way it can come back to me with any claims etc. at all in any way. Anyway, I don't know if he's a criminal, it's just something I said since he drives a black fat BMW, 5% all round, license plates that get black with the push of a button, and sirens/blue flashers integrated in the car. I asked him what he does for a living, he just said he does "Illicit work". :cool

Hey BrightB,

I guess I like my industry, hence I take it seriously.

What you did by installing 5% on a windscreen is just plain stupid. I do not care how you look at it.

It is dangerous. And you have put the safety of someone and others at risk and you will hopefully be held responsible if it is to cause an issue.

I am sure you think it is all a game. But playing with the safety and lives of other human beings is no joke, and you will find that there is no where to run if and when the shit goes down and you are at fault.

Do you seriously think that is a 100k car is totalled and it is because someone tint is too dark that they won't point the finger at you?

If the Norwegian law allows you to tint a windscreen at 5% then it is the dumbest country in the world. I really don't think it is, so I would be confident in thinking that you have broken the law and I hope you wake up before you do something you badly regret.

If I am not mistaken you are the guy who thinks his local professionals are a rip off and you being a third of the price is the best thing since slided bread?

You are just a newbie who tints any car cheap in any darkness and you should give yourself an uppercut.

I guess we can't all be experts in the first year?

That would be me, yes.

It's illegal to have 5% window tint on a car that is driven on public roads, it's not illegal to have it on a car or put it on a car etc.etc. and neither will fingers be pointed at me. I tried convincing the guy he shouldn't do it due to safety, but it was hard to convince him and I'd hate to send him back after a 2 hour drive.

And to get back to the "local professionals" here, there are no "local" professionals, just a few big corporations that change windscreens etc. that also offer window tinting at 1000$ a car. There are several guys like me that do it from a rented garage that charge a third of the price, enough to make a living, I'm not the only one. I don't tint cars cheap anymore anyways, I charge the same as the local guys here, altough I'm the only one except for a few big corporations (Something like Starbucks and McDonalds) in a 2 hour radius.

Never said I was an expert, never tried to seem like one, so I'll take that as a compliment! ;)

Brightbull, 

You must be somewhat smart because you type very well, but whether the guy drove 2 hours away or not, it is still a dumb idea to put 5% on a front windshield! How are you going to feel if you happen to hear on the news about a father and daughter walking home from the park and they got ran over by some dumbazz that didn't see them because they just had to have 5% on the front windshield?  You have kids?  Something to think about next time!!

Here's a few things that I was able to take a pic of over the last couple days.

A 2014 F-150 with EWF HP 30 Front doors & HP 10 back 1/2

A 2014 Tesla Model S with EWF Classic Ceramic 18 sides & 5 back glass

A 2015 Toyota 4-Runner with EWF HP 5 all

A 2015 Mustang GT with EWF Classic Ceramic 32 doors & 18 back 3

attachicon.gif2015 Mustang GT (1280x720).jpg

Me likey... Me likey a lot.

Thanks GTS. I appreciate it. The guy with the Tesla brought me a '69 AMX to put stripes down the middle on. I'll post pics of it later.