Darker than legal, yep, that old chestnut.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of legal/illegal tints..

The law was passed in over in WA to allow 20% VLT on all glass behind the drivers door on Monday just gone. That means WA and the NT are in line, and reconize the stupidity of allowing privacy glass as standard, and an aftermarket 20% tint as a crime.

I would imagine that other states will follow suite.

Just say'n.

The law was passed in over in WA to allow 20% VLT on all glass behind the drivers door on Monday just gone. That means WA and the NT are in line, and reconize the stupidity of allowing privacy glass as standard, and an aftermarket 20% tint as a crime.

Just say'n.

And about bloody time.

The only sensible course of action to take if they are allowing privacy glass.

Let's see if all states can finally be consistent in their tint laws.

Wouldn't hold my breath in Qld or Vic especially. Very conservative and have never even listened to the arguments for. Certainly gives the association something to hold up as an example though. I imagine the response will be that the respective governments will want to wait and see if there is and effect on accidents over the next few years. Fingers crossed.

Just say'n.

Just a small point (not meaning to be picky) but NT is 15% as opposed to WA's 20% :cool

Hey GTS ur way in front of me on the site! Well done on already mentioning the change in WA and yes NT is 15%. We still shouldn't forget that SA was 70% on the fronts forever and a couple years ago came inline with the 35% which many people told they may never change, but they did. We just can't hold our breath waiting but we can help the cause with the 'auto film petition' on Facebook and get behind our industry and WFAANZ best we can.

Archived