DigiCut sucks

Now that I got that out of my system. I work for a dealership for which started using digicut. I've finally convinced management to change out of digicut which sucks. We use their ppf and tint. Now I'm looking for a plotter system (and software) that we can buy and have the whole set up. How much do you guys thinks it'll cost. We are currently paying about 500 bucks a month to kind of rent their plotter software for the templates. Only thing I need is for whichever software we use to be able to keep how much film has been used. That's the only thing they asked me if they were going to give up crappy digicut. They want to be able to track where the material is going. Keeping people from stealing film. Any ideas guys? I'd like to stick with something good like suntek/3m as far as film goes.

The best plotter/software system I've used is the Llumar one. The patterns always fit great. Frameless doors were microedged. The shop used Llumar film as well, ATC and CTX. Both shrink like butter. I'm not a big fan of tint tek. Also not a big fan of the Roland plotters. However, both shops I sub'd at didn't have anyone come and set up everything correctly, and had no idea how to use the software. I'm sure you'll get more opinions on this subject.

Some are a lot more informative than others with how much info they keep. Digi is the King of record keeping.... Will tell you if the installer had a bath the day of the cut and what the water temp was!! Hehehe ... This is part of the reason digi can get dealers so excited.... Till they find out the film is crap among other things.

Anyone hear what's going on at digi since Wes was killed in the plane crash?

I use the Xpel DAP system at our work. Keeps a plot log of all work put through the system and cost per plot. I don't plot every single model car our dealership group offers, as some I feel are better to hand make. You can customize the patterns in the system if you don't like the fitment. I've tweaked a few patterns and saved them in my system. DAP fees I believe are 300 a month. We use it for PPF as well.

Maybe I can help clear this up a little.

First off, DigiCut hands down has the best software for dealership purposes. No one, and I mean NO ONE has a better inventory tracking, usage, spoilage and accountability software out there. Not to mention it has addendum features. Templates for tint, are most likely the best you will find with anyone as they have a bullet proof design procedure. PPF kits are all based on design to install method. So at any given time anyone can bash a ppf template if they are installing different then the designer made it to install.

Valiant's Seabring/InControl has no iventory control but has great templates and easy to use.

Next, as I see you have a very strong opinion on how much DC software "sucks" but you dont have anything really to compare it to. FirstCut and FVD both have some tracking but its very loose and open and leaves room for error with no aacountability for who is making the cuts. Both are mainly designed to track linear feet cut. Very basic. FC has good tint and ppf patterns. FVD tint patterns are ok but the PPF is less then desirable IMO. Both run about 500 bux for software and 1500 bux a year for usage. 3000 for tint and ppf

Llumars CC I am not sure about any of their tracking if they even have any. If so I am sure its not anything more then the other two listed.

Xpel DAP, tint patterns are so so, their PPF are great. Xpel likes to charge you per cut and this can get very expensive.

3M is launching DD3 this month and while it lacks inventory control at the moment, it does have addendum and add on auto. It will have inventory control from what I hear. Its also only 1300 bux a year period for tint and ppf.

Ive worked for 3 of the 6 listed. So I feel I have a pretty good idea of whats what and how well it works for what application.

But I am really interested on why you felt like the software was not up to par or your opinion of standards? I only ask because Ive been dealing with software in film for 6 years and there are only a few reasons why someone usually doesnt like a paticular software.

TT, you should take what SSK says as THE word ... IMO

I'm teaching a class of new tinters this week using the FVD software, tint patterns are fitting great!

SSK, have you heard how DC is doing since W is gone?? Curious who took over the place....

Cheers

TT, you should take what SSK says as THE word ... IMO

I'm teaching a class of new tinters this week using the FVD software, tint patterns are fitting great!

SSK, have you heard how DC is doing since W is gone?? Curious who took over the place....

Cheers

I really think this software thing is a matter of opinion.

I would disagree with stan and say FVD is okay I am actually cancelling my 2.5 year of using their service in 3 days. The patterns mostly fit okay. As of the last year the patterns seem like the pattern maker may be blind and has seizures while cutting. Ppf patterns absolutely suck you are better off bulking.

I just want to make a point to the OP that it's hard to say who's got the best software. One guy who thinks they fit okay and the next does not. Good luck on finding the perfect software but try em yourself dont just take our word for it.

Archived