Suntek's UV40 vs Suntek's UV 40 ES

Can anyone give me a heads up on these 2 film differences?

One is the conventional Ultra vision 40 spectrally selective and the other I'm lead to believe is the low E version of it.

Is this correct?

The normal ULV 40 is less reflective inside and out whereas the Low E appears to be a lot more according to the spec sample swatch.

TSER is close enough to being the same but I'm in a quandary to know which way to go for me new home.

Any advice and real world thoughts appreciated.

Devil

Can anyone give me a heads up on these 2 film differences?

One is the conventional Ultra vision 40 spectrally selective and the other I'm lead to believe is the low E version of it.

Is this correct?

The normal ULV 40 is less reflective inside and out whereas the Low E appears to be a lot more according to the spec sample swatch.

TSER is close enough to being the same but I'm in a quandary to know which way to go for me new home.

Any advice and real world thoughts appreciated.

Devil

From what i heard the ES is a low e film, made to compare to llucy's enerlogic. It is a good bit more reflective from what i seen of samples, i would think it would be more of a commercial film vs residential but i haven't actually seen it installed on glass so i can't say for sure..

Nothing spectacular about UV ES; they don;'t publish emissivity and the U-value indicates similar insulating capacity to standar films. In other words, it does not appear to perform as a lowE film product.

Edit: http://www.suntekfil...UltraVision.pdf

Compare Enerlogic's U-value: http://www.enerlogicfilm.com/pdf/VEP35_Parameter_V1788_LR.pdf

Hey Dev,

I am told that it is additional internal reflection in the colour of the scratch coat. And offers low to no additional heat retention value. I also believe that the Spectrally selective 40 is not actually a true Spectrally selective film. Happy to be proven wrong. Enerlogic is quite simply in a class of its own (At the moment) for heat gain/loss and energy savings performance. But you will need to chat with MEP film, and they will want you to run a coarse. That is if they will even allow you to run the coarse. No issue if you own or work for a M1 owned franchise :)

Double glass is the go. Or LowE glass, or both. Seriously. And the cost difference is not that much for a permanent solution. Sound reduction, safety, etc..

I have yet to grasp what the selling points of the ES is also. The Suntek Rep. said, over the phone, that is was a comparable product to Enerlogic but I don't see it. :dunno

Still hoping for someone to shed some light on this.....

Can always ask to be shown or given the patent number. Enerlogic has one but don't ask me because I wouldn't know iit until after some extensive Google searching. The performance numbers do not lie nor does NFRC ratings.

That is what "the Man" has been telling me GTS that there appears to be little Low E performance....bugger!

But the 2 versions are quite different in their specs especially the reflectivity appearance.

Got to keep the wife happy...God help me if I put a wrong squeegee forward and wreck the external appearance.

If I can get time in the next few days or so, I'll test fit each side by side on that western window where I need it on.

Just got to figure out how in the hell I'm going to get up to clean the outside as the dust and rain dirt has been providing insulation for the previous owner.

Cheers,

Dev.

Archived