if you match color you may not match quality or warranty.

ie: i think the true black and classic black are pretty consistant with color. but to put a slightly inferior film on front vs back may not get good feedback from customers.

But it woul be a good option if there is a likelyhood of removing front tint and leaving rear. You can remove TB clean and no adhesive lef over. Even without spraying water while removing.

But i would say go with the classic charcoal line if looking for higher vlt's

I think the lightest is a 42%. But I wish they made a couple in lighter shades.

Hi Mpameno81,

The majority of our customers match it with the QDP50 (NR Classic Charcoal 1.2 50%).  There is not yet enough demand for the factory to do a 50% run.  The MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) is enormous.

-Howard

I think the lightest is a 42%. But I wish they made a couple in lighter shades.

Hi Mpameno81,

The majority of our customers match it with the QDP50 (NR Classic Charcoal 1.2 50%).  There is not yet enough demand for the factory to do a 50% run.  The MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) is enormous.

-Howard

Well, gave it a try.  The film was nice enough, installers thought it resembled Carbon without being told anything about it.  The film handled fine and looked nice.  But the 50% Classic Charcoal was actually a 41-42% film out of the box, which won't work for our purposes (needs to be a true 50%). 

So the VLT for this film, Classic Charcoal 50 is 48% off their online spec sheet as well as in the sample deck specification sheet, which would have worked.  Unfortunately right off the roll it's 41.8 with my meter.  So I called in and reported what our roll was metering, and their first response was what meter are you using?  When I said Pocket Detective I was told you can't use that meter?  I said my meter gauged the sample deck piece of Classic Charcoal 50% at 47%, but off the roll we bought it was 41.8%.  I was then told I could send in a piece to be metered at their warehouse.  I said all I'm looking for is maybe you could check to see if you have a lighter reading batch that may work for us?..?..? I did not have the lot number in front of me and they don't record lot numbers in their invoice records, so it will wait until tomorrow.

It's pretty common to have this type issue with many suppliers, especially with the lighter VLT's like 50%, I'd recommend looking for solutions out the gate rather than something to blame and inconvenient solutions.  I don't know, it was right at 5pm so maybe the guy was ready to get home. :lol

It's all good, I can take it or leave it no matter the outcome. :thumb

Edited by addicted to tint

Hi Addicted To Tint !!

That was Pasquale you were speaking with.  I happen to be standing right next to him when he gave you that advice.

What he told you was correct.  The Pocket Detective (we sell them) is a "Net" meter.  In other words, it is designed to meter Glass+Film.  Here in the warehouse, we have meters that are issued to us by the factory and calibrated to read just the film. 

I believe that he did ask you to cut a small piece and send it in for measurement.   A roll of film should read within +/- 3% of the published value (no matter where you purchase it).  We will get right back to you with the results on that.

Everyone that answers the phone here is IWFA Accredited, highly trained and very careful (they know that they are being taped).  Still, if something does not seem just right or you need a better explanation, please do not hesitate to ask for me personally.  I am always here for my customers.

Thanks !

-Howard

I said all I'm looking for is maybe you could check to see if you have a lighter reading batch that may work for us?

I should have also mentioned:

We do conduct spot checks on several master roll numbers every workday as a matter of routine.  In addition, we do get requests from customers to please check the VLT on their rolls and we are more than happy to honor these requests.

Please, please do not hesitate to ask that your film be metered and verified.  The staff is trained to do it and it is no problem whatsoever.  The crewmen that did the check will put their name on that roll, so if there are ever any questions - we will know who to ask.

Thanks !

-Howard

Hi Addicted To Tint !

I spoke with a very nice woman at your place today (the owner).

The roll number is:  13FSE70814

We were able to locate 13FSE70813 in our inventory.  It is metering at 46%, which is within the spec, but it won't work for you.  All films vary +/- 3% and I have the warehouse looking for something closer to 50%.  UPS will be there tomorrow to pick the roll up.  As soon as we have it back, we will meter it and get it swapped right out for you.

Let me know if we can be of further assistance.

-Howard