New tint yesterday, one window has a bunch of tiny "bubbles"

Guest Blaine B.

Just because they have any experience does not mean they can do tinting well or right!

I like the painting scenario....that makes a great comparison.

Problem comes when someone pays less than what a job should cost and expect it to be something right. If a shop is cheaper than others around then there is a reason. Perhaps they are extremely busy and do it on volume alone. Maybe they don't really care what they produce and think they can get by doing sloppy work thereby being able to charge less. Maybe they just suck and are charging less to even get business!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shop sets the price, and the shop owner and employees are the only ones to care for their families, their time, their experience, and associated costs with operating a business. The price is set by the owners with those attributes in mind.

I do not set the price. I go to the shop, accept the price, and expect a good job with whatever the price may be. Whatever price is set does not dictate final quality.

If the shop wanted to charge $500, fine, that is none of my business. I may or may not choose to get the work done there. Or, the shop may charge $150. Again, it is my choice to either except or deny that charge, based on if I set up an appointment for work to be done at that shop.

Simply trying to tug on my emotions by mentioning your family and associated costs do nothing. You are in control of the price you set and charge, not I.

When a shop advertises as having 30+ years of combined experience and then the car comes out with nonsense mistakes, that is nothing else but false advertising!

30 years exp. might be good if theres only two people working there. your a wal-mart shopper, you want to pay the lowest price possible and expect only the best. your the guy who goes out and buys a cheap visio tv and cant figure out why your HD doesnt look as good as your buddies samsung. you get what you pay for and its silly for you to think that all window tinters are on the same level.

the fact that you keep coming back to this thread even after the situation was resolved just shows that you are just trolling.

Guest Blaine B.

How can you dictate what a job should cost? I can tell you what I think my time is worth for the work I do and the expensive material I handle on a daily basis, but my boss isn't going to agree and is going to reimburse me as little as possible.

Guest Blaine B.

I am not sure what the definition of trolling is, please elaborate.

If I receive an email that a reply has been made to my post, I will most definitely return here to reply out of common courtesy.

How can you dictate what a job should cost? I can tell you what I think my time is worth for the work I do and the expensive material I handle on a daily basis, but my boss isn't going to agree and is going to reimburse me as little as possible.

the problem is that customers think they should be able to dictate job cost. You are always free to choose a lower price if you can find it but you should NEVER expect the same quality if you do. It just doesn't work that way.

You can turn the "alert" off of the thread if you don't want to get the notices...

I do not set the price. I go to the shop, accept the price, and expect a good job with whatever the price may be. Whatever price is set does not dictate final quality.

Ahhhh blainey....,

That is where u r wrong sir. Maybe next time u look for a tinter u will find one that charges a "fair price" for his work and u will not haggle him down to have a cheap priced job. I don't see how u think things that are cheaper should be just as equal as those that are more expensive, I understand your concept but come on, nowhere in the world is like that

And reading this I must think, what are you doing? Do u have a life or is this your entertainment..... Your going to reply out of courtesy? Your already the customer from hell on a bloody forum! We haven't even sold u anything and your doing this debating about the job quality.

Oddly enough, I just heard from a guy I know whose Dishwasher broke.

He bought the lowest priced one he could find, and was griping how his dishes were not getting clean.

The other night, he and his Wife came over, brought their own dishes.

We ran them through our $1,000 dishwasher.

He was amzed that they out cleaner than when run through his dishwasher!

He whipped out his phone and got on Dishwasherdude.com and complained about how his bargain basement dishwasher should clean his dishes just as well as the top end dishwasher.

Just because he paid a lower price, the cleanliness of his dishes should be the same !

Just to illustrate a point here....

Guest Blaine B.

Once again, you are comparing the quality of the PRODUCT as it relates to its price. Not the work performed.

A cheaper tint film will turn purple and a more expensive tint film will not. Got that.

However, if he called a repairman charging $300/hour versus a repairman charging $150/hour, the repair work should be the same regardless of what that particular repairman decides to charge for the job.

Also I have not haggled or negotiated on price for any tint job or service I have received. Where is this coming from?

theres a reason why some people buy a hyundai and why certain people buy mercedes. everyone has a place in the consumer market your ignorant if you think it should all be the same quality.

Once again, you are comparing the quality of the PRODUCT as it relates to its price. Not the work performed.

A cheaper tint film will turn purple and a more expensive tint film will not. Got that.

However, if he called a repairman charging $300/hour versus a repairman charging $150/hour, the repair work should be the same regardless of what that particular repairman decides to charge for the job.

Also I have not haggled or negotiated on price for any tint job or service I have received. Where is this coming from?

so i guess they put just as much care into putting together a kia than say a ferarri? its just the PRODUCT that different.

Archived