New tint yesterday, one window has a bunch of tiny "bubbles"

Guest Blaine B.

Guest Blaine B.

Don't worry, I get an email for every reply. Just most of the time I don't have any content to add, or any worthwhile nonsense to reply with to some of these fine comments. God forbid I hold an installer accountable for their mistakes. I apologize, I should have let them all slide because I spent under $400 on a 2 hour tint job.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, I get an email for every reply. Just most of the time I don't have any content to add, or any worthwhile nonsense to reply with to some of these fine comments. God forbid I hold an installer accountable for their mistakes. I apologize, I should have let them all slide because I spent under $400 on a 2 hour tint job.

110712-politics-best-obama-victory-memes-meme-you-mad.jpg

Guest Blaine B.

I'll probably tint something eventually. Most likely residential. Also at work I recommended some tinting/frosted tint on a window in a conference room that overlooks a break room. I wouldn't mind tinting "easy" glass like that to start. At least it is flat and not inside of a confined space!

Nothing planned as of now....but eventually I would like to try something.

Think i got it.

A classic car painted by a national chain and a classic painted by a shop for 4x the

price.

At a classic car show, you should not see any difference, you can not tell which is

which.

After all, the lower priced shop should not compromise quality with a lower price.

That is what i hear the op saying.....

Except people like OP put no value in to our time, our experience, our costs to operate a business, our families, our futures. All they care about is the cheap price and that they get everything they want for the price they want to spend. Those people are not good customers.

Guest Blaine B.

The shop sets the price, and the shop owner and employees are the only ones to care for their families, their time, their experience, and associated costs with operating a business. The price is set by the owners with those attributes in mind.

I do not set the price. I go to the shop, accept the price, and expect a good job with whatever the price may be. Whatever price is set does not dictate final quality.

If the shop wanted to charge $500, fine, that is none of my business. I may or may not choose to get the work done there. Or, the shop may charge $150. Again, it is my choice to either except or deny that charge, based on if I set up an appointment for work to be done at that shop.

Simply trying to tug on my emotions by mentioning your family and associated costs do nothing. You are in control of the price you set and charge, not I.

When a shop advertises as having 30+ years of combined experience and then the car comes out with nonsense mistakes, that is nothing else but false advertising!

Archived