New tint yesterday, one window has a bunch of tiny "bubbles"

Guest Blaine B.

If you are going to offer a service for a lesser price than the competitor, you are obligating yourself to do the same quality of work.

Just because a shop charges less does not give them the right to do a lesser quality of work.

Doesn't that make sense?

Not at all.

If you were building a breadbox that was 18" long by 15" high and 12" wide... then sure.

But tinting is a craft... like it or not, it is. It is a skill that needs to be learned over time, and while everyone applies a piece film to a piece of glass, there is more to it then that.

A Kia shouldn't have misaligned body panels just because it's cheaper....as an example.

No, but if you close the door of a VW or Audi (or similar german car) and close the door of a Kia... you can hear the difference in the quality of each car and the parts used to make them.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said, the product may be worth less or more, but the workmanship should all be the same.

A Kia shouldn't have misaligned body panels just because it's cheaper....as an example.

There is a difference between the price and quality of the product, and how that product is assembled or applied. That's the difference between product and workmanship/work ethic/skill.

Think about it like this Blaine...You want your car repainted and body work done. So you get two prices.....one guy quotes 1,000 and another guy quote 3,500. Do you really expect the jobs to be identical when finished?

The 1,000 guy will likely just slap some bondo on and sand it just enough to pass then fog it down with low grade paint and pull it outside to dry before you come pick it up later in the day. The 3500 guy is likely to be the one to take the time to get replacement panels when required, use higher quality paint in a booth and then maybe even a bake oven to cure.

I really don't get your utopian views on how business should work.....

As I said, the product may be worth less or more, but the workmanship should all be the same.

There is a difference between the price and quality of the product, and how that product is assembled or applied. That's the difference between product and workmanship/work ethic/skill.

The panels on a Kia or any "cheaper" car won't be aligned as well or as tight as something like a Mercedes. There is value for those that want to pay for it there.

Something like tinting will NEVER be able to be judged on price alone.

I am sorry you got a bad tint job but I also can not say how sorry I am that anyone will do a tint job for that little of a price.

This will throw you for a loop. The price difference between cheap faded purple tint and something that will last you longer than the pile of %&$# getting tinted is less than $-- per car in most cases. The money is in the labor. Better work is more money.

Guest Blaine B.

All in all, my cars are tinted and it wasn't horrible overall. A couple of small, minute blemishes still exist, but very unnoticeable unless you're looking for them. Of course, I shouldn't have had to go back as many times as I did......but, now, it's all over, and should last awhile before I ever need to think about doing it again. Or, a window gets broken by vandals (crosses fingers - hasn't happened yet to any of my autos)

Archived