New tint yesterday, one window has a bunch of tiny "bubbles"

Guest Blaine B.

I like the Kia Optima. Not so impressed by the Ferrari. The Kia gets good gas mileage, looks nice, and has plenty of room for groceries. The Ferrari is over priced, is hard to get in to, and only has room for a loaf of bread and a 6 pack of Mello-Yello. Just sayin. :thumb

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The product you are buying is the labor. I rent a suite to a 12v guy. He is the most expensive in town, but he is a top 100 installer and everything gets soldered, shrink wrapped, secured, tied up neatly etc. Yes installing a radio is installing a radio, and the radio may work when you pick up the car. The extra time spent installing things so there aren't issues after the install are what you are paying for. In tinting you might be paying extra to the guy that re-tints the window over a little hair rather than heating it and smashing it down. Or pulls a panel and tints it long to prevent peeling issues later down the road. Or even the guy who gives you manufacturers warranty paperwork. You are buying the time, the labor, how much care they put in to their work.

An auto window tint is not a product. No two jobs are the same and no two installers are the same. Find the installer that does the work you want and pay his price, you will be happy. Find the price you want and expect the quality you want and no one will be happy.

If you ever decide it would be a good idea to break the law, you get caught and thrown into court..... To get te "best" result, what lawyer are you gonna want..... The high price lawyer, or the public servant.... It is the same law after all isn't it?

BOOM lets see you squirm your way outta that one haha

Yeah, I think if he is not trolling he must be a little naive. His logic doesn't seem far off but I wonder what he is basing this on....experience? I'd say no. There are countless examples of "You get what you pay for" including his own experience that he just went through. The fact that he still doesn't get it after he got sub par work and it took 9 trips to the shop to get a satisfactory job, all because he based his decision on looking at price alone, does not surprise me. This expectation that the same job should be performed to the same quality even when priced significantly lower is unrealistic. Though it sounds great in theory, it is NOT reality. Open a business and see for yourself Blaine. Guys who charge more don't do so just on the basis that they want more money, it's because they put more into it. Your situation proves this. Yet you want to argue against it.

Please Blaine, if you are not a troll, just give us all a few examples of how either YOU or someone else has had a business that has offered ALL of the following things and held them for any given amount of time: Top notch quality, Great customer service and rock bottom pricing. I'd be really interested in what realistic evidence or experiences you've had that lead you to believe that pricing should not have any effect on quality or customer service........?

Guest Blaine B.

I offer the same quality of workmanship at any rate of pay, as is expected of me by my boss. That's my experience. Otherwise I get fired. Without a union, it doesn't matter if you are paid $8.00 an hour...you don't get to do a lesser quality of work without repercussions.

I offer the same quality of workmanship at any rate of pay, as is expected of me by my boss. That's my experience. Otherwise I get fired. Without a union, it doesn't matter if you are paid $8.00 an hour...you don't get to do a lesser quality of work without repercussions.

I don't think you are picking up what I am putting down....and I don't suppose I blame you. Ignorance is bliss, and I wouldn't want to leave utopia to come into the real world either. I wish things were the way you feel they should be, but reality and life experience has told me the exact opposite. Best of luck buddy :thumb

Archived