New tint yesterday, one window has a bunch of tiny "bubbles"

Guest Blaine B.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sure there are plenty of people that would do your "jobs" for less.

Would you be ok if someone said they would come work your office job and do it for $10 per hour? Or the labor job for $9?

You said it well. To get really good at window tinting takes many years and is frustrating at times. One could graduate from college in 4 years and get a so called "good job" paying 60 or 70 k. Why should a good tinter not make at least that much when they spend more than 4 years refining skills and learning. If tinting was easy everyone would do it. It is the most difficult of trades but so easy to do a hack job. With tint you will always get what you pay for.

Guest Blaine B.

While I do not necessarily disagree with your hypothesis in its entirity, by the same logic, electricians and other specialized laborers would be making a similar rate as doctors

Eh. Just another person who looks at thing as an object to be acquired. I was at the Coach store yesterday and there was probably all of the same people who bitch about the price of a $--- tint job asking "why you so high?" In broken English or "my friend, I give you $--- no tax". And there they are with 3-4 $200 purses not batting an eye. Its funny, I give discounts all the time to people who don't ask for it, but the price shoppers and barterers I won't budge.
man I do the same , I hate when you give a great price and they try and beat you down for even less , come on my friend I have 5 more cars , ya ok buddy !

Guest Blaine B.

If you have a garage sale and ask 50 cents, someone will counter with a 25 cent offer. Just the way things are now-adays.

Surprised I haven't seen anyone bartering at the grocery store.

It seems that people are willing to shell out a lot of money for a corporation, but not for the little guy with the independent business.

:lol Man I love this guy. He may be right that it is unacceptable work, actually he probably is. But he is way off on what a "reasonable" price for a tint job is. :hmmm I don't get it......how could somebody that doesn't tint cars know what is reasonable?

I'm not a heart surgeon but I told my Grandpa $324,000 for open heart surgery is way too much.....he needs to shop around. :sign

It seems that people are willing to shell out a lot of money for a corporation, but not for the little guy with the independent business.

:bingo Glad you see it our way. :D

Guest Blaine B.

Yes. I once had a Crown Victoria tinted over 4 years ago for $--- total. That tint was pretty good but they used the marker a bit. I always get 20%. It has faded a bit, but not bad. Sometimes it looks a bit blue, or even a bit purple, if the sun hits it just right (3M film with the adhesive, right?)

ShowUsYourTints was the ONLY shop that actually gave me a bi-fold envelope from the tint manufacturer with all of their warranty information and other information about the tint. (Props!)

The rest of these shops will give you a "receipt" that the shop will warranty the work, but it says nothing about the actual manufacturer's warranty.....so if they go out of business, you're SOL for warranty claims, I would imagine, as you don't even know what brand the film is.

I'm going by what the "going rate" is for my area.

I have called many local shops, and the average is $--- --- + tax for a 4 door sedan. Not kidding...

Yes, that sounds about right for a economy job in our area. Dyed non color stable film rough cuts when windows rolled down too.

If thats what you chose you shouldn't be so picky. IMO

Archived