texting & driving

This has become very personal for me due to recent events.

My brother was at a stop light, woman coming up behind him busy texting.

Never saw the red light, never touched the breaks,slammed into him.

Had he been in the escape hybrid, he is dead. Had he taken the 2003 thunderbird,

dead. He was in a 2013 hyundai equiss (sells for 64k)

Took 30,000 and month to put it back together.

He has had surgeries and will have more, the best cam be hoped for is he will

recover no more than 80%.

Think seriously before texting and driving and hope others dont, it could be one of

your family members next time....

Illegal in Australia, you will be fined and lose demerit points on your licence, still see it every day though, mainly amongst the younger age group that can't live for a second without a cell phone.

Stupid, stupid, stupid practice.

Best wishes for your brother.

Had a friend of mine father, hit in NH while he was on his Harley. About 2 weeks ago now, he has a broken neck and will be in the hospital another 4 weeks..minimum. He will not be paralyzed so there is the silver lining. The girl that hit him was 19 and texting.

Hope for you others, all turns out well !

My Brother has the resources to obtain the best Attorneys, I want him to get everything she owns currently, and no less than half of what she makes in the future !

Plus, I will contact him to do whatever it takes to replace tthe car with a new one.

It is now a deathtrap, the back bumper was pushed almost into the back seat, and to fix it, has to be heated, bent, and straightened so its sorta where it was before the wreck.

It will collapse like an accordion if he ever gets another impact like that again! I KNOW he is smart enough NOT to play Russian Roulette with his life like that!

In fact, I would like to push for some type of rule that NO insurance Company would EVER issue a policy on a car which has been wrecked and repaired!

In fact, I would like to push for some type of rule that NO insurance Company would EVER issue a policy on a car which has been wrecked and repaired!

I don't know what insurance companies are currently doing.... but I think they should deny any claims that are a result of a driver texting & crashing. Take care of the other person hurt... but the driver should be on the hook for fixing any damage done to their own car.

Sorry to hear about the accidents... I think unfortunately this will continue to be a bigger problem before anything changes. :(

I'll admit I've done it... I do not make a habit of it... I've never been big on texting... but everyone else is, so if that's how people are going to communicate... oh well.

100% of the time it's nothing so important that it needs to be replied to right at that minute.

People around here seem to have enough trouble driving without any other distractions.

I don't see this problem getting much better, only worse unfortunately.  So sad.  The number of hit and runs has to have quadrupled in the last ten years, and most have to be equated to this problem.  The worst part is seeing the cops using their laptops while driving(constantly seen around here)! Hope the best for your brother as well.

Archived