2014 Mazda 3 sedan

TintWizard

So I just finished one now and it didn't have hard flaking white stuff on a front window, but it had this... I don't want to say oil, because it was a bit white, and once wet it was difficult to even get it to smear... but it was a bitch to get off. I tried the cleaner I use to remove adhesive and then used a blade and then scrubbed again to get it off. It was on the drivers door and heaviest near the front/side window area. Only window on the car with it. Strong glass cleaner did nothing to it with a blue scrub pad except after soaking would smear a bit.

And I really need to figure out how to get the seals out without full removal, I've got 20 to do as fast as I can now and I want to get them done and hopefully get more :lol

Plus I've got another 30 vans on the books... Speed helps when it's just you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like we might be talking the same stuff on the window. Yeah it's worth getting the hang of to get the seals out without panel removal.

Devil:

Yes, they're tight. But I've got it down now and have been able to pull all four door's seals on the last three without breaking a clip. Now, on the first I seriously attempted I will admit that the strangely positioned centre-ish clip slid out of it's holding point and I just left it, but nothing broke and once the gasket was back in and snapped in place there was no noticeable issue. And now that I know it's there I can slip a panel clip popper down in there and get it to release just fine. It takes some fiddling with at first and now it's easy. Way, way, way more better than pulling the whole thing, because the clips are $**t (which is strange because any previous Mazda I ever pulled had great clips like Hondas, just came out easy with no breakage). Oh, and, if you do figure it out, on the front panels, sometimes when the peg like holder and/or the seal itself to the panel lets go, it makes a loud and bad sounding snap, but it's fine, it's just it slapping out of it's hole. It's very much worth figuring out how to do it though.

TW:

I haven't had the clumped up cluster of hard stuff you've mentioned and shown, but I think it must the same substance. It's a bitch to get off the glass without a blade, and I hate using straight blades on new cars because... well just because.

I've got these down to pretty fast, for me, without a plotter. But... I wish I hadn't of shaved that last five bucks off a volume order just because they aren't as stress free as the last. That price will change next order, they love me so far so I can justify it :lol

We have started removing the quarter glass from the car to tint them. Grub screw in the top of the door under the rubber seal, two ten mil bolts behind the door trim. Metal strip comes away from the rubber. Yeah it's a bit of effort but the result is far superior than struggling it in.

Archived