2014 Mazda 3 sedan

TintWizard

We have started removing the quarter glass from the car to tint them. Grub screw in the top of the door under the rubber seal, two ten mil bolts behind the door trim. Metal strip comes away from the rubber. Yeah it's a bit of effort but the result is far superior than struggling it in.

:ditto

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wet a cotnour squeegee and ram it in there all the way around to loosen it a bit... pop out the clip holding the panel corner below the quarter window and then you can easily stretch out the bottom of the seal while installing so you can get it in there without kinking it, then slide it on up to hide the edge.

This is definitely not a quarter that needs to be removed.

Devil you said the rears are worse than the fronts... they're easier once you figure out how to get the gasket out without removal of whole panel. Recline the front seats fully ahead (you'll understand when you do it why), remove screw behind door pull, gently pull gasket just over metal frame to free it towards you, then pop top corner clip nearest the front of car close to the door pull, and you can slide the gasket out towards the front of car (which is why you recline the seat, so it's out of the way). Reinstall is super easy since that panel can flex beyond belief at the top.

I have to get somebody to hold my phone for me this week to just make a video...

Just wet a cotnour squeegee and ram it in there all the way around to loosen it a bit... pop out the clip holding the panel corner below the quarter window and then you can easily stretch out the bottom of the seal while installing so you can get it in there without kinking it, then slide it on up to hide the edge.

Devil you said the rears are worse than the fronts... they're easier once you figure out how to get the gasket out without removal of whole panel. Recline the front seats fully ahead (you'll understand when you do it why), remove screw behind door pull, gently pull gasket just over metal frame to free it towards you, then pop top corner clip nearest the front of car close to the door pull, and you can slide the gasket out towards the front of car (which is why you recline the seat, so it's out of the way). Reinstall is super easy since that panel can flex beyond belief at the top.

I have to get somebody to hold my phone for me this week to just make a video...

:yeah

Got it mate but I slid it our towards the rear...I'll try your way next time to the front. :thumb

Archived