How's your Healthcare signup going?

I dropped my full health insurance last year when cost for me went over 1300 a month. I have "pre existing conditions" being over 60 so will be interesting to see what my rate will be IF the CoverOregon website ever gets online. Now I have a bare bone plan with the local university hospital that covers dr visits and any outpatient procedure. Hospitals are now doing outpatient surgeries that they kept you in the hospital for 2 and 3 days just a few years ago. This isn't all advances in medicine, just a sign of the times IMO. Of course my coverage ends the first of the year because it doesn't meet the guidelines of the new "healthcare" plan.

Tom is so right with his predictions of what awaits us in the other 49 states when this thing fully kicks in. Shame on you Mitt Romney for doing this first!

Personally I see the whole thing socializing in the next few years. The percentage of young healthy citizens needed to float the boat for old peeps like me will never be reached...... I predict!

Cheers

Don't get me going

Old man Stan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I read is 40% of the young invincible group is needed to make it work.

Good luck when they see the price!

Cheers

Stan, all you need to do is turn in your US citizen ship, move to Mexico or any other illegal hot spot, become a legal there. Then jump the fence back into the US. You will get 8 years of income tax free living, free healthcare, housing, voting privileges, phones, monthly EBT benefits. And Social Security when you retire.

What I read is 40% of the young invincible group is needed to make it work.

Good luck when they see the price!

Cheers

Stan, all you need to do is turn in your US citizen ship, move to Mexico or any other illegal hot spot, become a legal there. Then jump the fence back into the US. You will get 8 years of income tax free living, free healthcare, housing, voting privileges, phones, monthly EBT benefits. And Social Security when you retire.

...and have eight kids, so they get all the benefits too.

Gotta love Medicare down here in oz aye boys?

Free health

free?   FREE??   :facepalm2

You pay taxes, right? Ever wonder how much your taxes would be if you didn't have "free" healthcare?

That word "free" gets em every time. :drevil

Archived