solar screens

Guest Braud Spectrum

Sure you can. I have one of those screen spline putter in thingys. Used to have to take the screens out of camper shells and RV's to get to the glass. Worth every penny. You can probably get those at Lowes too. You could even make wooden frames out of treated wood and staple it to the back. I got some of those "special" corrosion resistant staples for an awning I made for my patio that I used shade cloth on with screen moulding on top as trim. Those suckers were about 14 bucks for the same aize and quantity box as the regular ones...but they been up there for a couple years and are not a bit rusty.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we sell camper shells here and I have a spline putter inner tool :lol since we started selling snug top shells I dont use it anymore, they have matrix around the windows :idea I just need to figure out what meterial I want to make the framework out of, I am thinking wood.

Guest Braud Spectrum

Nylex. That's what those staples were called.

:mrgreen: Now as for the spline putter in thingy...I have no idea what it's real name is. :confused

I was just going to ask this forum if they have a source for the material. We just use the material for skylights up here. IT fits good over the curved plexi glass that you can't tint. There is a source here where where you can buy the stuff pre made and just snap it on the skylight but they want a fortune :lol Does anyone know where to buy the material bulk???

As for using it for windows :lol No way. Its going to make the room soooo dark. And the Visibility is terrible. If you are worried about the heat Mdog, you should try an exterior film like madico kynar 330. ITS going to look a hell of a lot better and should cut out a similar amount of heat as the sun-tex. Heh... just a flatglass installers point of view!

Guest Film Maverick

The one big downside I've heard on the sunscreens is the possibility of them rusting. If you're going to do 'em yourself maybe you can put a protectant on first. :dunno

Archived