97' T Bird

ISTHATFACTORY?

I like to leave the bottom dots untinted to help get that bottom to lay down. It's a real pain in the ass trying to fuss with those bottom corners as there is no room. Leaving the bottom dots unfilmed makes it a little easier down in those corners.

You should remove the deck too, because it touches the glass down there and your hands will take a beating with it still in.

The tint job is going to be more valuable than the car. :D

They really aren't that bad to do, just don't be too worried about the film laying down on the bottom corners when trying to shrink it.  You certainly don't want to over shrink the bottom.  Seriously, take your time with it, and I would suggest doing the bg first.  The sides are cake, and panels easily lift off the door if I remember correct.  Might be thinking of a Mustang on the panels.

I would always do those in 2pcs with a overlap / defroster cut. Probably did 200 of them. The bottom corners were the only tricky part, but with the squeegees available today, it should be simple. At the time ( 1997 ) all we had was a black and white hard card cut at a angle gnat looks like the conquer of today.

Archived