Brushing your film flat on the glass

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTFH, product placment was easy this time! Anyone notice the small camera recording the outside while I was brushing the window? Didn't use the footage but when I look at the video it just jumps out at me!

Thanks Ric, lot of work still to do on the flat glas section of the training center.

Cheers

Stan

lot of work still to do on the flat glas section of the training center.

Cheers

Stan

I would be interested to see what you come up with on FG if you are you planning on doing a video ............ ? 

Nice vid! I usually brush it out with my hand, get it smooth, then blue max it. Well done with the RR technique! Lately I've been rolling it up, unrolling on the back deck then lifting onto the glass with good success.

would love to see the final product on that window...can't see how there would not be lots of contamination.  Cleaning with paper towels and no squeegee then laying the film on the rear deck like that...but it might be very clean....

on another note,  I can say without a doubt, first hand of seeing Stan use it,  that the "brush on" tech is very slick.  Stan, I thought you said a student showed it to you though....

Hey Ryker, Pat there in STL showed it one day, students love it cause they forget to use their hand but can remember the brush! Does work pretty good if you need it. I generally use my hand but there are so many ways to do things as demonstrated by the vid above.

I'm in Romania the next couple weeks picking up tricks from the tinters here, should have some good one when I get home. In Eastern Europe I have seen tinters place the film on a shaped plexiglass holders and put it on the rear deck then lift the film to the window, worked pretty good! I'm not sure I would want a topless tinter rolling around in my car.

Cheers

Stan

would love to see the final product on that window...can't see how there would not be lots of contamination.  Cleaning with paper towels and no squeegee then laying the film on the rear deck like that...but it might be very clean....

mb today i'll record some video

mb today i'll record some video

should have said "see .... in person" as a video or photo really won't show the "lil details" of what I am talking about.  As long as it works for you that is all that really matters though.

Archived