if they have film made for them to their specs then they are not a re-boxer.....if they are buying someone elses film formula and having it put in "their" boxes then they are re-boxers....

There is no doubt in my mind that they do not MAKE film....if they do please provide a factory location....

oh, it may be "backed" by Dragon Distributing but that is not the corprate name on the film and if something happens then Dragon has no libility in the game...

Now THERE you go. :thumb

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree to disagree. If you laminate film or like Global and Llumar make your product from start to finish your a manufacturer. If you have a company sell you their film or THEY make it to your specifics your a re boxer. Just my take on it. I respect anything Ryker says never less. He is one of the best around and can ti t circles around me!

Again, I like Shawn and his film and he has the money to back up his warranty. .. unlike some companies.

I agree to disagree. If you laminate film or like Global and Llumar make your product from start to finish your a manufacturer. If you have a company sell you their film or THEY make it to your specifics your a re boxer. Just my take on it. I respect anything Ryker says never less. He is one of the best around and can ti t circles around me!

Again, I like Shawn and his film and he has the money to back up his warranty. .. unlike some companies.

Hey Stan, wasn't trying to disagree with your statement and just gave my take on it....  When I think "re-box" I think of anyone who buys a product that is already being made, any number of films could fit that, and then they just re-box it or have it put in boxes with their name on them.  If someone is having a film made that is specific to them, a formula that is not being sold to anyone else, then I would not consider it to be a "re-box". 

In the electronic world there are only a few manufacturers and they make products for many names.  Would you consider those to be a "re-box" product?

I agree to disagree. If you laminate film or like Global and Llumar make your product from start to finish your a manufacturer. If you have a company sell you their film or THEY make it to your specifics your a re boxer. Just my take on it. 

:yeah I like the term 'private label' as this is something that occurs throughout the business world. For instance, SnapOn and Craftman tools are mfg'd by the same tool maker. So are Milwaukee and Wagner heat guns. Now, it IS pure speculation outside any NDA (non-disclosure agreement) signed by the business parties involved, unless there is/was a slip of the tongue by someone inside.

To add, a private label may contract with more than one in order to keep price points at a profitable level long term.

Is not made, is re-boxed... why have NDA's if you are the manufacturer?  

I buy my Global film from a distributor, who in returns applies they're label, but there is no doubt and no denial is Global.

It is a double edge sword for mfrs. On one hand they end up competing for customers against the same people they sell a reboxed product to. On the other hand the reboxed has a MOQ that keeps the machines running and people employed. Inevitably the mfr sells to the guy who will stroke a check for 40k square feet of product, and is bound by a NDA to protect both parties.

Archived