Cutting the rubber trim on quarter glass??

ODPcF0.jpg

FJpTTm.jpg

WSlMuU.jpg

BT25H1.jpg

Sorry to hijack a post but this is happened to my new vehicle. I know this doesn't look as bad in the photos, but had it been done smoother or with more experience I wouldn't of noticed, in person it honestly looks like a 2yo did it, I asked why the tinter did it, they said it was common practice and was the only way to get the tint without gaps which I find hard to believe. I asked why wasn't I contacted or told before the rubber trimming was done and the reply was that "they wouldn't get any work done if they explain everything to everyone." Really? Would of taken 1 minute to explain what and why your doing it.

Not only that but there was dirt speck in the tint in almost every window, what looked like scratches but said was were the tint had folded on itself, dirty footprints on my rear bumper, one door card hadn't been replaced properly and felt like there was a lump under it near the window and there was white specks on all the door cards from what I think is from cleaning the windows.

The tinter offered to replaced the tint but I said I want a refund, he said fine book in a time later on so he can remove the tint and leave it with them, I said I don't trust leaving my car with you and that I will be there watching you do it. Didn't once sound sorry or apologise. Tried changing the subject asking about the new model of car it was..

I'm once bitten twice shy, and not sure who to go to now to get it re-tinted, only person I could think of would be were I bought the vehicle from, but then they might out source to company's like this..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And had the tinter only cut that much off, and had he not left the rubber looking jagged after he cut it I probably wouldn't of noticed of even cared, but that coupled with all the other issues which I also forgot to mention about the small bubbles on 3 panels I felt it was a very poor job.

it isnt neccessary on 99% of quarters i see on the daily. I do like to trim 1/8th off the older body style fusions though, but no one would ever know. thats pretty much all i can think off the top of my head. Did a mercedes 550 today and the quarters were tight as hell and theres no way id trim rubber on a car like that. Most cars you can get an easy reach in to tuck all around. Just have to have the right technique. Get the film in place make sure the top lays flat. Then when its locked you can run an easy reach in the front and bottom if it needs to tuck a little.

I trim around 80% of 1/4 windows. I have never had any customer complain about it. You dont need to trim much and just be careful to make a straight cut. When done properly, nobody should be able to notice it was done. Even if they are looking for it.

Archived