Slip Solution that evaporates quickest

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think that a lot has to depend upon which brand of PPF you are using. You might offer which brand of film you use so people can give you a little more insight. Not all PPF suppliers use the same adhesive.

the new MMM is supposed to be applied with alcohol, water and soap in one. When i used it, it made it tack super quick, didn't like it. Was also told to add more alcohol if it tacks too quick, which is opposite of NF that i've used. So i guess it depends on brand, climate and so one as previously stated 

the new MMM is supposed to be applied with alcohol, water and soap in one. When i used it, it made it tack super quick, didn't like it. Was also told to add more alcohol if it tacks too quick, which is opposite of NF that i've used. So i guess it depends on brand, climate and so one as previously stated 

I'd question what you were told as well.  The reason alcohol makes things tack quicker is because it evaporates quickly, allowing the adhesive to stick faster.  I haven't installed the new 3M, but I'd gradually back off on alcohol or gradually increase your soap levels if it is sticking too quickly.  

Just had a customer show up with a pattern that was using the new 3M Film. He purchased this from out-of-state and had it delivered and asked me if I could install it for him. Just hit him up for labor but as an FYI I used installation GEL with no issues at all.

Archived