How long does it take you, really?

Takes as long as it takes. No such thing as average in my shop! [emoji6]

But if I had to pick a quantity of time to represent the duration of stay for each car lucky enough to sit in our tint bay, I'd say about 2-3hrs...

and I bet there are no come backs.
No, there definitely are come backs...

They come back with their second car, then their third car, then their mates cars....

Well, you get the idea. [emoji106]

yeh mate I get the idea that's what I'm hoping my shop will get like repeat custys., I of my competitors were picking up and returning cars in an hour ( and wondered y they were getting 3-4 call backs aweek)then pulled out the 6 foot rule, just amazes me what some people do.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if I had to pick a quantity of time to represent the duration of stay for each car lucky enough to sit in our tint bay, I'd say about 2-3hrs...

They come back with their second car, then their third car, then their mates cars....

yeh mate I get the idea that's what I'm hoping my shop will get like repeat custys., I of my competitors were picking up and returning cars in an hour ( and wondered y they were getting 3-4 call backs aweek)then pulled out the 6 foot rule, just amazes me what some people do.
I agree. It's like they're reading a book on how to destroy a business and following it chapter by chapter.

When I go to this RV resort, It can really take me 4 hrs on a car with the multiple interruptions of people walking by and asking questions, the way I see it... that time spent can yield future business, and it has.   So 2-2.5hrs is good.

Thats the kind of comeback we all want :thumb :thumb

"No, there definitely are come backs...

Well, you get the idea."

very nice!!!! thats an alternative way of thinking

it usually takes me about 3-4 hours to do the average 4 door car with quarter glass and a rear window.  i hand cut everything and take my time. sometimes i will take cell phone calls or have to redo 1 out of the 7 or 8 windows.  i notice i am quicker with cars that i already know how to take the door panels off of.  those are easier because i know where to pull, what screws to get, etc.

pull in to parking after on an average 4 door car is booked for 2 hours for me at this point in life.  That is all sides and back.  I usually beat that time but it depends on what I have ahead for the day.  If I am booked up then I will move a bit quicker.  It also depends on what is playing in my ears. 

I find that the older I get the less stressed I am about time and with that it takes me LESS time to do the same work. Of course it is all those neat little things that make better use of the time you have.  Little things that make it go faster and more fluid!

Guest birdman

1-2 hours for me. really depends on how much coffee i've gotten into tho. so, a relaxing 2 hours or with the right amount of shake in my fingers :coffee , a jittery hour.

All the sh$t tinters will do full tint jos on a car under an hr. They will tuck everything and have more chance of comebacks for peeling, more contamination in their jobs after installs since they don't pull out the window sweeps. ect.. clean installas take time and those hack 45 min, jobs are the ones that will come back for redo's over and over again. I do it once, take my time, micro edge all roll downs, take the extra time to do things right so I never have to see the customer again unless it's for tinting a new car. 

I also throw a fan in the rear seat for a bit to dry out the back window especially if the rear deck is a fabric material. I clean all the windows and put a interior dressing on all door panels to get the streaks off. This stuff takes time,

2.5 - 3 hrs. would be about the average time it take to tint a basic 4 door car like a toyota corolla. If it's an audi or vw those stupid cars take me longer, 3.5 ish  if everything goes smoothly with no redo's during install.

Just keep doing what you're doing. i respect you and your work already by saying it takes you around 3 hours (hand cutting) :thumb

Archived