Old diaries and how it use to be.

I've been going through some very old history and found how business was in 1984 and here's a take on it for you youngies. :oldman

Dealers were big back then for me with lovely old simple cars like Mitsubishi Cordia turbos, Nissan Exas, Ford Cortinas and Holden Geminis at good money.

But one private booking on Wednesday the 29th of February 1984 at 8.30am for a '78 Ford LTD took the cake for $180 way back then.......the customer Mr. Mick Gatto .....the most infamous underworld associated figure this country has seen. :shoot2

Has much changed in 30.5 years?

Depends on how you look at it.....we either made tishloads of it then not seen to this day or the industry earnings today in 2014 have gone to the dogs.

It is my belief the latter prevails for most of the film industry.

Devil

This will make your head spin . I used to tint the dodge caravans back in 1984 when they first were released for $300 . It was an all day job to get it "perfect" by the standards of the day and a customer was MORE than happy to pay it just to find a tinter anywhere around for auto was rare.

Fast forward 30yrs , I now charge ... you guessed it , $300 for the dodge caravan , only standards are higher , customer asking if it can be any cheaper :lol but at least the time is shaved down to 2-2.5 hrs

Back in the mid 90's we were charging more than the other shops around these parts today in 2014! It's been said before but if it wasn't for car dealers charging good money for tint I think the price for a top job with quality tint would be even worse :(

This will make your head spin . I used to tint the dodge caravans back in 1984 when they first were released for $300 . It was an all day job to get it "perfect" by the standards of the day and a customer was MORE than happy to pay it just to find a tinter anywhere around for auto was rare.

Fast forward 30yrs , I now charge ... you guessed it , $300 for the dodge caravan , only standards are higher , customer asking if it can be any cheaper :lol but at least the time is shaved down to 2-2.5 hrs

We had a few Dodge dealerships back then and did the back 5 windows for 249.00. It was pretty typical to do 5-6 a day. As you know, I don't do auto anymore but I do know what the guy doing them now gets :(

I've been going through some very old history and found how business was in 1984 and here's a take on it for you youngies. :oldman

Dealers were big back then for me with lovely old simple cars like Mitsubishi Cordia turbos, Nissan Exas, Ford Cortinas and Holden Geminis at good money.

But one private booking on Wednesday the 29th of February 1984 at 8.30am for a '78 Ford LTD took the cake for $180 way back then.......the customer Mr. Mick Gatto .....the most infamous underworld associated figure this country has seen. :shoot2

Has much changed in 30.5 years?

Depends on how you look at it.....we either made tishloads of it then not seen to this day or the industry earnings today in 2014 have gone to the dogs.

It is my belief the latter prevails for most of the film industry.

Devil

Mick would have been 30 if that.

Driving an LTD. Rolls Royce front lol. Fully optioned.

What did you put on Dev and what percentage?

Yes they were a nice looking Ford for their time.

My records show it was a 35% non metalised film all around which is all we had back then.....still doing only 35 to this day.

And 35.... you may be my kid. :lol

Devil

Yes they were a nice looking Ford for their time.

My records show it was a 35% non metalised film all around which is all we had back then.....still doing only 35 to this day.

And 35.... you may be my kid. :lol

Devil

:spit

Archived