anyone heard of windscreen crack from tint?

Guest south aussie

I'm guessing he just didn't want to install the strip. I hate doing them and I am sure most other tinters will say the same.

If there is a stronger word than "hate" for doing sun strips then that would be my best way to describe them. i jack the prices way up on those things so nobody will make me do them anymore. :lol

I don't know what it is either. It isn't like it takes that long. Maybe because i do that last most of the time.

I generally save them for last too. I guess it all comes down to the amount of cleaning and clean up for a little piece of film to go across the top of a windshield that the customer barely wants to pay for. Depending on the vehicle, I can sometimes install film on 2 front doors just as fast as doing the strip and make a lot more money for the time spent. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your tinter is thinking of a thermal stress issue which we do face on a daily basis with laminated glass such as found in windshields, but there is no problem at all with applying a visor strip.

He's just a bit misinformed.

Now if he took a heat gun to the windshield that would be a different story. Ask me how I know :D

OK

HOW DO YOU KNOW???????????????

:poke

I'm surprised at all the hate you guys have for a visor strip. They are usually quick and easy to do. Maybe it's just me :dunno

Depends a lot on if you are contouring them or not I suppose. Cutting the bottom of the strip as a straight edge and leaving the droopy smile look is quick and easy.

OK

HOW DO YOU KNOW???????????????

:poke

:facepalm2 .................... :lol

I mostly just hate messing around with the stupid rear view mirror. sometimes those are a PITA to take off. Clean up is always time consuming too. If people want to pay me for the time it takes to to the job then I don't mind but if they say come onnn budddy I'll give you 20.00, It's just a little strip..... I usually tell them where to go.... if you know what i mean. 

My motto is "Pay me what I want or $%&* off"  and yes I do actually say that to customers, especially if they are text messaging me. drives me nuts. Pick up the damn phone and CALL me if you want a quote. I'm not gonna sit here all day texting you back and forth. What's wrong with some people these days, can't even have a real conversation anymore.

I put windshield strips on 90% of the vehicles I tint. I dont find them to be that big of a deal except on some Fords. whoever is responsible for designing the rearview mirrors on Fords can burn in hell!!!

HAHAHA, yupppp those are the ones that piss me off. If all rear view mirrors had one little screw and pulls right off then life wouldn't be so bad !

Archived