Hoy to all the tint pro's out there that fight the daily mental and sometimes physical battle to strive to be the best you can be.

We all have days where we know why we are doing what we do, but we can have days and weeks that test us to our limits, so I guess I wanted to put up this topic so you could express your thoughts and feelings to those who want to try master the art and take on the challenge that is pro window film installation.

Me personally.. I am very rarely tested to my limits, but I must say that I just dropped the heat gun and the squeegee today whilst doing a job that was to be completed by the end of the day. The heat (42 deg) in the workshop and the testing weeks was about as much as I could take, and I am usually the cream of the crop when it comes to standing tall.

My peer 35 has had a shocker this week, and most people would just throw in the towel, but this guy has something that others lack.

Not 100% sure what it is, but he has it.

I have seen so many just say.. This is not for me, or F%&k this.

I want to say that I don't just talk the talk of high quality, but I do also walk the walk. This attracts people who expect the best, and I don't ever want to let people down. Quality is everything to me, and I will not hand over a job unless it is what I would expect to accept myself.

Please my friends, don't feel bad that you are not perfect, please share your story when a day or week has kicked your azz and maybe we can share something that can help to support each other through the times that we find the hardest to just say.. "Today kicked my Ass"

Because today kicked my ass.. However.. I will wake up early and I will beat the %&$# out of tomorrow so bad that it will tell yesterday that it should never f&^k with me again.

Rant over..

man, dont get me wrong..... some days i would absolutely love to say "fuck this" go get absolutely plastered and just forget about tinting.......

but i cant do anything else, its in my lungs

i want to do a good job too etc etc.....

but i have quite literally, and physically/mentally/the lot, given everything i have to making this work. 

when you give everything you have to something, it cant take anything away from you..... it will try, but it cant. there will only come the time when it will eventually give back.

i like this thread..... not because i dont like how some people say "oh im just going to start tinting, how hard could it be?"

even though i still want to :facepalm

man, its always hard at the stage im in! i finished at a reasonable time about a week ago, got to my home area around 6pm..... i went back to my shop and tried to find something to do because i just had a feeling like if im not doing something right now im letting myself down. it takes days and nights consecutively to i dont even know when to make it work...... and its not even working yet. 

i work every day, yet im broke. i learn everything i possibly can just to deal with people who quite honestly could not care less about what i do. family turns against me because i put 100% in my work yet loses confidence in me to think i cant pull it off.

i dont have a social life, i dont have a personal life. i have a business, and it only tells me "eventually" or "in 10 years time"

this is why i do somewhat despise people just upping and starting a tint business, or just buying in and selling garbage for cheap......

because i just dont see how its possibly remotely close to that easy.....

stories about when it gets hard? man ive got plenty, you know them all...... everytime, they get forgotten because something else comes up. their not the end of the world, no one dies..... i make it through. whats the point? a depressive rant? no......

its a will.

the same will that i got out of bed at 3am a couple of years ago to go to work, is the same will i got out of bed this morning at 3.30 to get to work.

its because regardless of whats behind, or in front of me, i know this is the best job in the world by far, and i have not only the greatest opportunity to come but also the greatest support i can get to make it happen.....

it just takes time.

man, dont get me wrong..... some days i would absolutely love to say "f**k this" go get absolutely plastered and just forget about tinting.......

but i cant do anything else, its in my lungs

i want to do a good job too etc etc.....

but i have quite literally, and physically/mentally/the lot, given everything i have to making this work.

when you give everything you have to something, it cant take anything away from you..... it will try, but it cant. there will only come the time when it will eventually give back.

i like this thread..... not because i dont like how some people say "oh im just going to start tinting, how hard could it be?"

even though i still want to :facepalm

man, its always hard at the stage im in! i finished at a reasonable time about a week ago, got to my home area around 6pm..... i went back to my shop and tried to find something to do because i just had a feeling like if im not doing something right now im letting myself down. it takes days and nights consecutively to i dont even know when to make it work...... and its not even working yet.

i work every day, yet im broke. i learn everything i possibly can just to deal with people who quite honestly could not care less about what i do. family turns against me because i put 100% in my work yet loses confidence in me to think i cant pull it off.

i dont have a social life, i dont have a personal life. i have a business, and it only tells me "eventually" or "in 10 years time"

this is why i do somewhat despise people just upping and starting a tint business, or just buying in and selling garbage for cheap......

because i just dont see how its possibly remotely close to that easy.....

stories about when it gets hard? man ive got plenty, you know them all...... everytime, they get forgotten because something else comes up. their not the end of the world, no one dies..... i make it through. whats the point? a depressive rant? no......

its a will.

the same will that i got out of bed at 3am a couple of years ago to go to work, is the same will i got out of bed this morning at 3.30 to get to work.

its because regardless of whats behind, or in front of me, i know this is the best job in the world by far, and i have not only the greatest opportunity to come but also the greatest support i can get to make it happen.....

it just takes time.

keep plugging away mate , wanted to quite today 41.4 degrees ,dustbox Camry and a rear screen that ate the water and an impatient prick trying to hurry me along so I could get to his shit box .

100m2 of security and 340 odd meters of IPP.

yeah the client totally changed the schedule and stuffed me around big time.

Thank god I have 1 hours worth of IPP tomorrow (Sunday) and I'm done.

FG most of the time can be great but sometimes can be a bitch!

Especially when you have a small fortune invested and then have to bite your tounge.

I still kicked the window tinting devils azz even when he was throwing everything he could at me.

That's when I remember why I do what I do and how good I am at it.

Chin up guys and kick that azz back twice as hard!

please share your story when a day or week has kicked your azz and maybe we can share something that can help to support each other through the times that we find the hardest to just say.. "Today kicked my Ass"

Because today kicked my ass.. However.. I will wake up early and I will beat the %&$# out of tomorrow so bad that it will tell yesterday that it should never f&^k with me again.

Rant over..

Plenty of hard days for us over the last couple of years, but we grow from the experience. I guess life would be kinda boring without the challenges, but sometimes they seem like too much to handle at once. Then you have those good moments that make everything seem worth it.

...i learn everything i possibly can just to deal with people who quite honestly could not care less about what i do. family turns against me because i put 100% in my work yet loses confidence in me to think i cant pull it off.

Unfortunately, it seems like it's human nature to not support people in their goals. Which boggles my mind... Personally, all I want is for my friends and family to be successful with whatever they are doing in life... and I'd like the same in return. 

Doesn't happen... If you do anything in life in order to get the approval of others - it's the wrong reason and will never happen. 

Just gotta keep plugging along. :) 

Archived