Winter work

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, we all love the money but doing something after its already been paid for sucks! Lol. So january/February stay busy for you anyway for the most part?

I've always tucked the profit portion of all gift certificates aside and pay myself only once the job is completed to avoid this mentality while the customer gets treated as top priority this way. Trust me it's a great discipline to get into :thumb

:ditto   and that is why "payday" is on Friday (or Sat.) 

been better this winter than the last. i think gas prices might have a little to do with it. but me thinks this rain is gonna hamper me some pretty soon.

Yikes how about that rain yesterday, gospeed?

Here in norcal was horribly heavy rain.  Emergency TV broadcast and flash flooding like not seen in many years.

My commute from Rancho Cordova to Antelope was a frickin nightmare.

The bad weather is no biggie for me since I'm only part-time for now while putting myself thru tint college. 

Taking advantage of it by working on home improvements.  New wood flooring and carpet being installed this Month.

gotta watch out for falling trees up here

Just had our best November in ten years and starting December best week in 10 years. Cold and raining but new car sales in USA are best in ....... Last 10 years! Hmmmmm

Selling lot of gift certificates and like TW we always leave that money separate till the customer redeems it. I even pay commission to Installers out of the business account. So when they do show up I make extra money to pay bills after Christmas. Much better that way. What's the old saying.... Never count your chickens before they hatch.

Cheers all

Heres a video of my winter survival

http://youtu.be/NT8nguaQCWc

I wouldn't make it through without this, its huge in my area. Just as hard to learn and just as critical to be good at it. Id rather be tinting.

Nice video !!! At 1:27 you look a little perplexed   :poke , good to see it all buttoned up.

We are jammed for the rest of Dec and Jan with a few really nice projects. Got a couple more on the front burner. I just hope we don't have another bad winter weather wise, but so far it looks mild well past Christmas.

We are jammed for the rest of Dec and Jan with a few really nice projects. Got a couple more on the front burner. I just hope we don't have another bad winter weather wise, but so far it looks mild well past Christmas.

Good to hear Tom. :thumb

Archived