2002 Jetta

Blhaller

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a good look at the side window glass as it goes up and down too. that glass tends to move somewhat sideways when it rolls down and you have to compensate when making your pattern so you get a good cut. And yes pull that speaker tray for the back window. I wouldn't do one of these cars any other way.

I have heard that if you roll the window down a bit it shifts out, and then if you move it up just a little it goes back to normal so you can make a normal pattern.... Is this true?

It is very common for windows to shift. I do this for all roll up windows. Good habit to get into.

So if I roll it up a little after I roll it down I can just cut the pattern normally?

Before you cut your pattern, roll the window down some and then back up all the way. Use a grease pencil and mark the top edges towards the rubber (on the outside) so you know where the glass should line up at so when you install the film you can make sure the pattern lines up where it is supposed to be and avoid light gaps from the glass shifting. Hope that makes sense. 

Archived