2015 BMW 228i

Mikeyfivetinter

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up on the new 228i. I did one today and back glass scratched badly from olfa blade. I'm not sure if the back glass is super soft or what, but I have never seen back glass scratch so easily. Use extreme caution! Back glass is dealer only and cost me some serious coin. Buying a plotter this week to try and avoid this from happening again.

It was a carbon blade (and carbon film), but it didn't just scratch, it basically gouged through the black border to where you could see white! Like I said, I've never seen a back glass scratch so badly and I've been tinting since 2002, done hundreds of beemers. Anyway, just ordered a new Roland and FVD software to try and avoid these issues.

Do yourself a favor and use a button like tikka says if your hand cutting. Other than that the car was pretty straightforward.

Now you guys are just guessing. Film was cut on the outside right after shrink just like its supposed to be done. It may have been my fault with the blade, but been using them with no issue to this point, maybe I just got a bad one. Actually, I did the quarter glass with same blades and no issue.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this one.

Oh and tintcracker, you've never scratched a back glass? How long have you been tinting?

Archived